Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Unemployment Benefits Revoked - What Do I Do

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Texas
    I worked for a small local government and the upper management changed about 1.5 years ago. I got a new boss and he tended to be on the lenient side of decisions and some of his decisions were against city ordinance. He would expect me to agree with him on these issues and I refused. He wrote me up for being confrontational, I have witnesses who will attest to the contrary, and then terminated me. I filed for unemployment and began receiving the checks even though they denied them at first. Now the place I used to work has provided the TWC with documentation that is false and the TWC has revoked my benefits and wants my new employer to repay them. There are other issues here that I do not need to go into at this point but what can I do?

Thx

Default Re: What Do I Do

Default Re: What Do I Do

I plan on repealing the decision. I want to know if there is any legal steps I can take, maybe suing them? There is more to this situation I cannot, have not provided and I know Tx is an at will employment state but for my employer to basically request that I commit perjury, fraud by providing false information is wrong. And then to terminate me for it?

Default Re: Unemployment Benefits Revoked - What Do I Do

Suing the city? For what?

BTW, you're appealing, not repealing.

wow, what the hell is repealing? sorry, As far as suing I'm not 100% for it just want them to stop what they are doing. They terminated my employment because I wouldn't break the law and agree with the boss and he made up that I was being confrontational so the HR would buy it. Now they have provided false documentation to the TWC to have my unemployment stopped. I'm already working but they say that due to this latest decision my new employer will have to repay it. My new employer is saying if they have to repay it they may let me go so they dont have to repay.

I'm already working but they say that due to this latest decision my new employer will have to repay it. My new employer is saying if they have to repay it they may let me go so they dont have to repay.
    HUH???????

Let's start over again. You filed for UI benefits. They were approved and you started getting checks. Your ex-employer appealed the ruling and the TWC overturned the original decision. Right so far?

You can appeal the latest determination. If you lose, you WILL have to pay back the benefits you received in error. Employers (neither the old one or the new one) are NOT responsible to repay UI benefits you received. You and ONLY you are.

You think your beating your head against the wall? This is what the TWC rep told me on Saturday. If I lose the appeal then my new employer is responsible to pay back the money paid through unemployment. But, can someone tell me what I can do about my previous employer providing false information/documentation concerning my termination? I am going to give it to TWC but is there something else that can be done?

That's just wrong, or s/he communicated it poorly or you misunderstood.

Give what to TWC?

Why am I having so much trouble following what you're trying to say?

sorry, just P.O'd about the situation. I may have misunderstood the person who called on saturday but I'm sure that she said the money I have already received via unemployment will have to be repaid. I can repay it but allegedly my current employer is responsible for it according to her. I've not heard of this. I have a call in to them again for clarification. On the second part I am going to provide TWC the correct information needed and not the false information my previous employer provided. I'm just upset that they keep messing with me when they terminated me for poor cause.

Trust me, it is you and ONLY you that will have to repay if you don't appeal and get the latest determination reversed.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast