Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 13 Year Old Pregnant

1st I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I thank you for your time in our hour of need.

We are having some problems with the parents of the girl my son got pregnant. There filling my son with reason he should give them parent rights to his baby due this December. I want to know if I can press charges. here is our story.

When my 17 years old he started hanging around there. everyone on both sides disagreed. Including us. But they maintained it was a brother sister relationship. We called the school and got him Counseling. They refered us to a therapist. We then set him up with another therapist for long term. We later had to contact the police when he got upset. They also talked to him. The wife went and talk to the girls mother. who made claims that we later found out was lies. (stuff about her husban saying if she didn't breck them up he would and they wouldn'y like that, Nothing that was true) soon after that We called human services on the girls parents. We started documenting when he was there. during this whole time the girls parents did nothing. except when human services showed up. they made them breck up. Funny we was told they was only friends. then later he started getting up earily to go over like 6 am. IO had already left for work. the wife gets home at 7am. come to find out he would wake her up then lay in bed with her. The next thing is her parents hire him to grade her papers as if there helping him to have a reason to go there. Later the parents found a condom in the basement, they made my son leave he was only allowed to see her 1 day a week and talk like 1 hour a day ??? that lasted a week. they soon let him back, There reason He was attached to there pets. Then another day I'm going through a computer we all use and find a photo of the two of them in bed asleep. he laying behind her with his arm around her. I saved this photo. Now this happen after human services said they could not be left alone. Well she is Pregnant. Happen in march and we had kept track where he was during this time period. he was there almost every morning and eveing after school.

I guess with parents so willing to help there 13 year old daughter get pregnant. Oh I forgot she was being home schooled also. acording to my son she was doing 4 grade math. I think 13 should be 7th grade. my son said they tried to make her do 5th grade but she said it was to hard. ??
    I don't judge people by there finances but. These people do get food stamps. the mother is an RN but doesn't want to work more then 2 days a week. Now myu son said she started working 3 to help with the baby. Going to apply for medical assistant.

These are the same parents that are going to raise this new baby girl if they get there way. do we have a case?

Default Re: 13 Year Old Pregnant

Quote Quoting Confused Parents
    View Post
    1st I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I thank you for your time in our hour of need.

We are having some problems with the parents of the girl my son got pregnant. There filling my son with reason he should give them parent rights to his baby due this December. I want to know if I can press charges. here is our story.

When my 17 years old he started hanging around there. everyone on both sides disagreed. Including us. But they maintained it was a brother sister relationship. We called the school and got him Counseling. They refered us to a therapist. We then set him up with another therapist for long term. We later had to contact the police when he got upset. They also talked to him. The wife went and talk to the girls mother. who made claims that we later found out was lies. (stuff about her husban saying if she didn't breck them up he would and they wouldn'y like that, Nothing that was true) soon after that We called human services on the girls parents. We started documenting when he was there. during this whole time the girls parents did nothing. except when human services showed up. they made them breck up. Funny we was told they was only friends. then later he started getting up earily to go over like 6 am. IO had already left for work. the wife gets home at 7am. come to find out he would wake her up then lay in bed with her. The next thing is her parents hire him to grade her papers as if there helping him to have a reason to go there. Later the parents found a condom in the basement, they made my son leave he was only allowed to see her 1 day a week and talk like 1 hour a day ??? that lasted a week. they soon let him back, There reason He was attached to there pets. Then another day I'm going through a computer we all use and find a photo of the two of them in bed asleep. he laying behind her with his arm around her. I saved this photo. Now this happen after human services said they could not be left alone. Well she is Pregnant. Happen in march and we had kept track where he was during this time period. he was there almost every morning and eveing after school.

I guess with parents so willing to help there 13 year old daughter get pregnant. Oh I forgot she was being home schooled also. acording to my son she was doing 4 grade math. I think 13 should be 7th grade. my son said they tried to make her do 5th grade but she said it was to hard. ??
    I don't judge people by there finances but. These people do get food stamps. the mother is an RN but doesn't want to work more then 2 days a week. Now myu son said she started working 3 to help with the baby. Going to apply for medical assistant.

These are the same parents that are going to raise this new baby girl if they get there way. do we have a case?
    What kind of charges are you asking about?

Your son is still a minor, correct?
    If he is, YOU and his father are responsible for him, not the girl's parents.

I'm not sure what you are really asking, the best thing to do will be for you to get a consult with a local attorney as your son might be facing possible charges since he is 17 and the GF is 13.

Can Police Department press charges or would the girls parents have to be the ones to press charges?

ANYONE who tells authorities that a 13 year old is pregnant can be the one that starts the police invesgation rolling. Could be the girl's parents, could be the mailman, could be a homeless guy under a bridge, a teacher, and will almost certainly be one or more of any of the medical professionals who will provide services at some point in the pregnancy (who are mandated by law in all states, with some states more intense than others). It won't matter if the girl's parents want to pursue charges or not - it will be at the discretion of the prosecutor's office - but since he's over 16, the state can charge him as an adult, and he'd be facing a sex crime against a minor. Bottom line? Your son faces potential PRISON time (that's measured in YEARS, not months) and labeling as a sex offender. He needs to be speaking to an attorney and ONLY his attorney about this matter.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

Exclamation Re: 13 Year Old Pregnant

Quote Quoting Confused Parents
    View Post
    ... she was being home schooled also. acording to my son she was doing 4 grade math. I think 13 should be 7th grade. my son said they tried to make her do 5th grade but she said it was to hard. ??
    Before you disparage the education of their child, you really should check your own spelling and grammar.

Nice slap to the face. Came here for advice, My hands are shaking and eyes are watering. Thanks for the grammer advice.

Lightbulb Re: 13 Year Old Pregnant

The majority of your post blames the VICTIM of a CRIME.

Stop blaming the other parents. Stop blaming the girl.

Get a lawyer for your son.

I still don't see what charges you believe your son can asked to be filed.

I will agree with the above... your son is facing down the barrel of several decades of prison time.... the baby is just proof.
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

Exclamation Re: 13 Year Old Pregnant

Tell your son under no circumstance is he to give his parental rights to the other set of grandparents. He should fight for joint custody. Your son is 17 now, was he 16 when the relationship started? Did the 13 yr old females parents CONCENT to this relationship? If so, there will be no criminal charges! Bless you and keep praying. Talk with your son about his responibilities now.

Tell your son under no circumstance is he to give his parental rights to the other set of grandparents. He should fight for joint custody. Your son is 17 now, was he 16 when the relationship started? Did the 13 yr old females parents CONCENT to this relationship? If so, there will be no criminal charges! Bless you and keep praying. Talk with your son about his responibilities now.

Quote Quoting ClarkBar
    View Post
    Did the 13 yr old females parents CONCENT to this relationship? If so, there will be no criminal charges! Bless you and keep praying. Talk with your son about his responibilities now.
    That is completely incorrect.

Parents do not have the legal right to make the illegal legal. They can no more give consent to her rape as consent to her illegal drug use.

Illegal is illegal. Even if mommy and daddy bought them the hotel room and handed them the condom in the lobby.

If you don't know what you are talking about, it is best not to speak.
    All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.
    - Mark Twain

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast