Default Fight Between Adult and Minor

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin

If an adult and a minor get into a physical fight but the adult was defending himself against the minor what kind of charges can arrise. The adult was arrested and put in jail for a probation hold and the minor was taken to the hospital for injury to his face. The adult also had injuries too. The minors age is 16. The witnesses statements match the adults statement but the minors story is totally different.

Default Re: Fight Between Adult and Minor

If an adult and a minor get into a physical fight but the adult was defending himself against the minor what kind of charges can arrise.
    Assault, at the very least.

If the adult was carted off to jail for a probation, hold, though, it would seem he has more things than assault charges to worry about. He needs an attorney, and right quickly.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Quote Quoting plzhlp
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin

If an adult and a minor get into a physical fight but the adult was defending himself against the minor what kind of charges can arrise. The adult was arrested and put in jail for a probation hold and the minor was taken to the hospital for injury to his face. The adult also had injuries too. The minors age is 16. The witnesses statements match the adults statement but the minors story is totally different.

The decision to charge any type of assault will be based on the testimony. The fact it was a minor has some bearing on the "degree of force" one is permitted to use as a self defense.

For instance, you can be 5' tall and 120 lbs. The "minor" can be a 16 year old high school football player that is 6'5" and 250 lbs. In this case, if you are attacked, it is obvious you can be beaten severely by this "minor", so the "degree" is higher. If your state recognizes a "duty to retreat", if possible, this could have some bearing.

I have more to add. An investigator came today (not his Probation Officer) to take a detailed statement and explanation of what happend so they could do a probation investigation and he was told a decision would be made by friday if he would be released or not. There are no charges filed against him but I have been told by a local attorney that they could still revoke him. Also they were asking if he were to be released if he had a ride, someone to call, and a place to live yesterday.

1. Sponsored Links