Default Unemployed with Child Support - Jail Time

I have been out of fulltime work over 6 months. I've taken odds jobs from cleaning to being a human billboard, but has not able to secure a fulltime, permanent position. I reside in Georgia and have search there, in Louisiana, and now checking Florida. It's so many people of work now that even the lowest paid jobs are taken. I only have a high school diploma, but have been competing with college graduates for minimum wage jobs.

I pay child support for my daughter when I can. I'm living with a friend sleeping on his floor and working in his business for my room and board. On odd jobs, I make about $100 per month, if I find work, and pay most of that to child support.

I was told by the Child Services agent that if I don't pay several hundred dollars in 30 days, I will be arrested. If I don't have a job, and not able to get unemployment, how can I pay the back child support and the current. My income tax check went to pay child support and I kept my daughter for 2 and half weeks during the summer, as well as paid for two dentist appointments for her.

How or what can I do? I'm not selective on job at all, but I'm not getting anything.

Default Re: Unemployed with Child Support - Jail Time

How old is your daughter?

Have you informed your child support services that you are out of a job?
    Communication is key. If you keep them up to date on what is going on, they are more likely to work with you then if you just quit paying your support for no reason.

Quote Quoting adhugg
    View Post
    I have been out of fulltime work over 6 months. I've taken odds jobs from cleaning to being a human billboard, but has not able to secure a fulltime, permanent position. I reside in Georgia and have search there, in Louisiana, and now checking Florida. It's so many people of work now that even the lowest paid jobs are taken. I only have a high school diploma, but have been competing with college graduates for minimum wage jobs.

I pay child support for my daughter when I can. I'm living with a friend sleeping on his floor and working in his business for my room and board. On odd jobs, I make about $100 per month, if I find work, and pay most of that to child support.

I was told by the Child Services agent that if I don't pay several hundred dollars in 30 days, I will be arrested. If I don't have a job, and not able to get unemployment, how can I pay the back child support and the current. My income tax check went to pay child support and I kept my daughter for 2 and half weeks during the summer, as well as paid for two dentist appointments for her.

How or what can I do? I'm not selective on job at all, but I'm not getting anything.
    Was your original unemployment involuntary, such as a lay-off?
    If so, you need to immediatley file for a modification of the CS order.

As another poster said, keep in contact with the CSE regarding your employment search and keep making good faith payments until you can get into court.

My daughter is 5 years old, who I have every other weekend and sometimes every weekend. I am in constant contact with my child services agent, who is aware of my problem with finding a job. But has stated that it does not matter that I can't find a job, if I don't pay back payments as well as current, I will be sent to jail. I have documents showing my weekly job service visits, temp staffing request and numerous online and walk in job applications. I went to KFC today to apply for a job and hotels for custodial positions. I'm trying to borrow money to stay out of jail, but thats just more debt. I'm going to Florida to try there for work.

I was employed at Wal-Mart for over 2 years, but wasn't making enough money. I just couldn't keep up rent payments, car insurance and child support. So I resigned to go to work for a trucking company in order to make more money, but I was required to make long distance deliveries without the legal amount of time for rest. I would end up sleeping in my truck in order to cover the distances and be back for the next load the next morning. When brought to the attention of the management, my hours were decreased, but decreased to the point where I wasn't making any money.

I wasn't able to receive unemployment because the company listed me as quitting, when I my hours were reduced to point where I had to go and find another job. I signed on to a temp staffing service, but am not able to receive unemployment from companys because I don't work for the company but the temp services.

My daughter is 5 years old, who I have every other weekend and sometimes every weekend. I am in constant contact with my child services agent, who is aware of my problem with finding a job. But has stated that it does not matter that I can't find a job, if I don't pay back payments as well as current, I will be sent to jail. I have documents showing my weekly job service visits, temp staffing request and numerous online and walk in job applications. I went to KFC today to apply for a job and hotels for custodial positions. I'm trying to borrow money to stay out of jail, but thats just more debt. I'm going to Florida to try there for work.

I was employed at Wal-Mart for over 2 years, but wasn't making enough money. I just couldn't keep up rent payments, car insurance and child support. So I resigned to go to work for a trucking company in order to make more money, but I was required to make long distance deliveries without the legal amount of time for rest. I would end up sleeping in my truck in order to cover the distances and be back for the next load the next morning. When brought to the attention of the management, my hours were decreased, but decreased to the point where I wasn't making any money.

I wasn't able to receive unemployment because the company listed me as quitting, when I my hours were reduced to point where I had to go and find another job. I signed on to a temp staffing service, but am not able to receive unemployment from companys because I don't work for the company but the temp services.

Wow. A four year old grandson and a 5 year old daughter. You are braver than I am.

I only have a five your old daughter. Not old enough for a grandson. I'm using my mom's login.

1. Sponsored Links