Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Question Suing for Child Support After the Age of 18

    My question involves child support in the State of: California

    I want to know if I can still sue My sons father for back child support even though he has past the age of 18.. he is still in high school though and living full time with me.
    Background: his father didn't contact me till my son was 15 and wanted a DNA test which we did and came out that he is in fact his father. he asked me not to sue him for back child support saying he would have to file bankruptcy so we agreed that he would pay $250 a month (which is a low amount in my opinion) and that when the time came he would be the one to buy our son a car. well the time came about a year ago and he still hasn't kept his end of the deal.. always claiming poverty, but just last year he purchased a new house (brand new and very very nice) and he is a pastor who can hide his income easily.
    Thank you for your help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: Suing for Child Support After the Age of 18

    You're stating that you never sought a child support order? And your son is now how old?

    Was paternity actually established?

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Reverse Suing to Recover Child Support
    By gsddad in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 08:47 PM
  2. Support Arrears: Ex is Suing Over Child Support Arrears
    By ATSproperty in forum Child Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 09:02 PM
  3. Support Arrears: Child Support Has Ended - Suing For Arrears
    By MaryMG in forum Child Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
  4. Suing for Child Support as a minor
    By Mission_Impossible in forum Child Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
  5. Suing for child support despite prior agreement
    By rhaine_24 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Forum Sponsor
Custody Lawyer
Get help for your custody case. Consult a divorce lawyer for free.

Untitled Document