Default How Can I Get a No Contact Order Lifted

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland

I was wondering what i could do to get a no-contact order lifted. Me and my husband got into an argument that got out of control. We are both in the military and the court ordered him to stay on post and move into the barracks. The judge also said that he had a no unlawful contact order. I did not want this. I have written a letter to the court, as advised by the state attorney's office, stating how i felt and that i wanted the case settled out of court. My husband has already enrolled in anger management classes and i know hes willing to do whatever it takes. We want to start marriage counseling but its kinda hard when we arent even allowed to text each other. How can I go about getting the no contact order lifted?

Default Re: How Can I Get a No Contact Order Lifted

Quote Quoting letrott
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland

I was wondering what i could do to get a no-contact order lifted. Me and my husband got into an argument that got out of control. We are both in the military and the court ordered him to stay on post and move into the barracks. The judge also said that he had a no unlawful contact order. I did not want this. I have written a letter to the court, as advised by the state attorney's office, stating how i felt and that i wanted the case settled out of court. My husband has already enrolled in anger management classes and i know hes willing to do whatever it takes. We want to start marriage counseling but its kinda hard when we arent even allowed to text each other. How can I go about getting the no contact order lifted?
    Define "out of control".

And how do you know what he wants to do if you cannot contact each other?

(Okay ... we KNOW the two of you have been communicating, but keep in mind that it is one thing to tell US that, another thing entirely to admit to a court that he is violating the order because you know what he wants to do.)

- carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

End of Watch: Deputy Danny Oliver

End of Watch: Detective Michael Davis, Jr.

No we have not talked since the incident and its killing me. The reason i know that hes willing to do to whatever and hes taking anger management is because his chain of command has spoken to mine. So please just answer my question so that i can see my husband again.

The answer is easy, you go back before the court and ask that the order be lifted. As to HOW you do that in your state, I do not know. It may involve simply filling out a form for the court to consider, or it might require having an attorney arrange a live hearing in front of the judge. You will have to check with the local court and, possibly, with a local attorney.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

End of Watch: Deputy Danny Oliver

End of Watch: Detective Michael Davis, Jr.

And whatever else the two of you do - each of you needs INDIVIDUAL counseling (and the military has excellent resources in this area because they KNOW that these cases can be career-enders) specific to domestic violence. Whether you consider what occurred to BE domestic violence or not, you both need to be aware that if ONE of you ends up with a criminal conviction for violating the order OR for ANY domestic violence related charge, that person's military career will be OVER (since by FEDERAL law you will not legally be able to possess a firearm). Learn the dynamics of domestic violence. If you're the one dishing it, stop. If you're the one receiving it, realize that staying could put you in a situation where another incident will put your other half's career on the line, and how dangerous events can become when someone realizes there can be no good outcome.

There are REASONS why the number of domestic violence related homicides for military members is much higher than in the civilian population (including murder/suicide). Take it seriously.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

1. Sponsored Links