My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: CA
Doing approx 65 in a 50
The CHP got me on a downhill around glenwood and seemed like he was pacing me for a few min, but marked that he got me with a radar.
I saw him the whole time but didn't realize that the speed limit changed from 60 to 50mph
1. So far i have gone to the hearing and asked for traffic school ( i am not illegible)
- i was denied my request, so i pleaded not guilty.
2. Now i am going to try to fight it.
My 1st step, i plan on sending out an IDR - There are couple of forms that i found on line, is there one that works better then the other?
This site: http://www.helpigotaticket.com/proc/discover.html recommends a cover letter. Is this "cover letter" really necessary and will it help my case?
3. As far as i understand i need to send IDR to the district attorney and police dept. Since this was the CHP.. where do i send this to?
It seems like the contact address is 701 ocean st for both or am i confused?
4. After this i will try my hand with TBD. As of now my case is scheduled for end of July.. is a month enough time or would it make sense to get an extension?
Any other pointers on how to go about fighting this?
State of California Highway Patrol: Ofc
10395 Soquel Dr, Aptos - (831) 662-0511
actually this looks like the santa cruz chp office