Default Can I Kick Out My Ex-Girlfriend (Not on Lease) for Assault Texas

My question involves an eviction in the state of: Texas
    I need to know if I have the right to have my now ex-girlfriend leave the apartment for good. I have two other rommates that don't want her here. And last night she punched me in the eye and clawed my face as I was trying to leave the apartment because she was drunk. I made her leave for the night and took her key. I just let her back in an 30 minutes ago so she'd stop banging on the door. I'm hoping when she sobers up she'll just take her stuff and leave quietly. I am on the lease. She isn't. She's been living here about 6 months. I've been here about 2 years. Please help.

Default Re: Can I Kick Out My Ex-Girlfriend (Not on Lease) for Assault Texas

For the immediate fix, you can seek a restraining order against her on the grounds of the violent outburst.

You'll still need to go through the formal eviction process to legally get her and her stuff out. Eviction is NOT a self-serve or do-it-yourself project - no matter how good your reasons (and whether she's on the lease or not, she's been living there and has rights). You need the blessing and order of a court. Check the website for your county's Clerk of Court - they should have an outline of the process and the forms you'll need to file.
    Catherine NeSmith
    Executive Director
    AARDVARC.org, Inc.
    http://www.aardvarc.org

Fave Big Bang Theory site: Sheldon Cooper Fans

1. Sponsored Links