Default Not Wearing Seat Belt Properly Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I am 43 years old and I got my first ticket for not wearing seat belt properly.

My husband was driving and I was a passenger. I slid my arm over the seat belt so I can pick up some fries that fell on the floor when we got pulled over. The cop said I wasn't wearing my seat belt. I explained I was wearing it and lifted my arm so he can see it. He looked at it for few seconds and said, "but you're not wearing it properly!" He then issued me a "non correctible" ticket. Today, I received my notice. The fine is $132 and the traffic school is not an option.

I just i don't understand why the cop was so hard on me and I want to contest the citation.

What is my chance of at least a traffic school. And if don't contest and just pay bail forfeiture, is the conviction reportable to dmv? Will it affect my insurance? I may sound naive but like I said, this is my first ticket. Please help!

Default Re: Not Wearing Seat Belt Properly Ticket

Quote Quoting Lorna
    View Post
    He looked at it for few seconds and said, "but you're not wearing it properly!"
    The “proper" way to wear a seat belt is to have both the lap and the shoulder belts in front of your body not behind it.

Quote Quoting Lorna
    View Post
    He then issued me a "non correctible" ticket.
    “Failure to properly wear a seat belt”, and unless your seat belt was not working at the time, is always written as a “non-correctable” citation.

Quote Quoting Lorna
    View Post
    The fine is $132 and the traffic school is not an option.
    Traffic school is not an option because the violation carries no points. So to take traffic school to get rid of zero points would be.... pointless. Or should I say “useless”.

Quote Quoting Lorna
    View Post
    I just i don't understand why the cop was so hard on me and I want to contest the citation.
    Feel free to contest it... But unless you can somehow prove that you were “properly” wearing your belt then you're not gonna get far enough to get it dismissed.

Quote Quoting Lorna
    View Post
    And if don't contest and just pay bail forfeiture, is the conviction reportable to dmv?
    All convictions are reported to the DMV; this one, however, is reported as a non moving violation and one which should not affect you insurance premium.

1. Sponsored Links