Default Can the Father Get Child Support From the Mother

My younger sister was 16 at the time when she had her child. The father of the baby was 18 yrs old. The child is now 10 years old. There may be a statutory rape involved.

Since the mother was very young at the time, will TX laws enforce child support payments from child's mother? She is not trying to get away without paying. The father of the child decided to raise him and now 5 yrs later, he is going through troubles so he is talking of submitting a claim to child support court.

Default Re: Can the Father Get Child Support From the Mother

She can be required to help support her own child.

She doesn't have a problem of paying the support. She is willing to provide for her own seed. All she was looking to find out is if he has the right to demand based on history of their relationship and their age at the time.

Once the relationship was broken, he said he wanted absolutely nothing to do with her. And, now 5 yrs later (which for first 5 yrs of child's life, mother took care of ALL NEEDS for the child with my parents- without any of his financial help), he is now demanding support. Who knows what he can come up with next? I honestly can't understand either, why it always has to be on his terms. I am hoping they can come to an agreement without getting the court involved. I am just worried about her.

The statutory rape question was more for me to know.

Yes, she will have to pay child support. It is not about her or the father, it is about the child. The court will do what is in the best interests of the child, and she will have to pay support.

And if the father has had the child for 5 years prior to this. She may have to pay back child support too.

Quote Quoting skibunny
    View Post
    She doesn't have a problem of paying the support. She is willing to provide for her own seed. All she was looking to find out is if he has the right to demand based on history of their relationship and their age at the time.

Once the relationship was broken, he said he wanted absolutely nothing to do with her. And, now 5 yrs later (which for first 5 yrs of child's life, mother took care of ALL NEEDS for the child with my parents- without any of his financial help), he is now demanding support. Who knows what he can come up with next? I honestly can't understand either, why it always has to be on his terms. I am hoping they can come to an agreement without getting the court involved. I am just worried about her.

The statutory rape question was more for me to know.
    Don't even go the statutory rape direction. It is water way under the bridge. In fact that bridge is 10 years too old

1. Sponsored Links