Default Legal Separation

My question involves divorce in the State of: Michigan

I'm interested in filing for a legal separation from my husband. We've been married for 23 years. We have one child only. My son is graduating from high school in June 2009. For 14 years my husband has been unfaithful. His infidelity and lies has led us into bankruptcy twice and we've had many financial issues, as well as marital problems. He's recently changed jobs, where he is now living in Florida. We own a home in Michigan, where my son and I still reside. My son will be going to college in a few months and my husband is threatening to stop paying for the mortgage. I need to know my rights. I don't have conclusive proof of his infidelity, other than I've seen many of his text messages with other women and bank statements. I would like to seek getting a divorce, but due to my religious beliefs I can not do so. What is the process for filing for a legal separation? How long does it take to have the papers drawn up? How much does it cost?

Default Re: Legal Separation

If you're Catholic, talk to your priest about annulment. If you're Jewish, talk to your Rabbi about a Get. Because a legal separation is just as complicated as a divorce, and you won't be moving on with your life if you remain married to this person. (Also, what are the odds he's not going to turn around and divorce you... I've seen that happen countless times, with the wife suffering through an abysmal marriage because she "doesn't believe in divorce" only to be divorce by her husband the second she suggests separation.)

1. Sponsored Links