Default Does State Medical Have to Be Repaid

"Are you on, or the child on, state medical insurance?"

Does this have to be repaid in all states? If so, do they equally divide this between parents, or only the NCP?

Default Re: Does State Medical Have to Be Repaid Az

Does this have to be repaid in all states?
    sometimes, yes

If so, do they equally divide this between parents
    ,sometimes, yes

or only the NCP
    sometimes, yes

sorry can't be more specific but that is the best one can do considering what was asked.

Under what circumstances would the State decide to recoup medical assistance from either parent?

parents not living together, the NCP is often required to make some level of repayment generally determined by the state. In such a situation, court required CS, or a portion of it, is often directed to the state rather than the CP as repayment. As well, a NCP may find themselves paying CS long after a CS order has terminated as repayment has not been fulfilled yet.

a CP is generally not required to make repayment unless benefits were fraudulently obtained.

Default Re: Does State Medical Have to Be Repaid

Az ...

Thoughts?

My significant other has and has had some great insurance through his employer for the past 7 years or so. All of his children are covered under this policy, ours and those shared with another woman.She has always been forwarded copies of the policies.

Friday, I called his carrier to determine details about the policy because our six year old requires some testing. Because I am not on the policy, it took some effort to get the information we needed. This started me thinking...

We have yet to receive any Explanation of Benefits for the other children in a looong time, nor have we received letters from his Ex regarding our portion of the bills. I heavily suspect she's receiving Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)because she had tried to persuade my significant other to drop his coverage in favor of this years ago.

We're not looking to stir up baloney, nor make false accusations, but at the same time, we're not looking for a hefty bill ten years from now.

Thoughts?

=Missnaz;321630]Az ...

Friday, I called his carrier to determine details about the policy because our six year old requires some testing. Because I am not on the policy, it took some effort to get the information we needed. This started me thinking...
    haven't you learned yet? The reason they did not want to provide you with the info has nothing to do with you not being on the policy. It is because you have no legal right to any information concerning the policy.

to explain; my wife cannot access anything concerning my insurance policy even though we are married and we live together unless I give the insurance company permission. It's has nothing to do with her being or not being on the policy.

as has been suggested to you before, your significant other has to do some things for himself. You are putting yourself in a very tenuous position and could actually cause problems for your sig. other.

We have yet to receive any Explanation of Benefits for the other children in a looong time, nor have we received letters from his Ex regarding our portion of the bills. I heavily suspect she's receiving Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)because she had tried to persuade my significant other to drop his coverage in favor of this years ago.
    well, have your sig other call his insurance company and ask if there have been any claims for his children from the other relationship.

We're not looking to stir up baloney, nor make false accusations, but at the same time, we're not looking for a hefty bill ten years from now.

Thoughts?
    yes. find out NOW what is going on. If he ends up paying back the system, it will save him considerable money.

what is in his court orders concerning carrying insurance on those children?

as to stirring up anything; maybe she can legitimately have the program. If she qualifies, this may be something that will need to be addressed via sig others support orders so as to avoid incurring charges needlessly. I am sure the state would prefer to not have to pay for bills one of their citizens is willing to pay as well.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    haven't you learned yet? The reason they did not want to provide you with the info has nothing to do with you not being on the policy. It is because you have no legal right to any information concerning the policy.
    I have no right to know what is covered for my son? This is (sincerely) a question. I fully understand your wife not being able to get information about your policy, but what about coverage for her/your children (assuming they were on there)? Isn't there a distinction between services rendered and services covered?

The court order says that he must provide insurance if it 'is available to him at a reasonable cost'.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Quote Quoting Missnaz
    View Post
    I have no right to know what is covered for my son?
    Minimal information as it is not your policy.

Why don't you ask your boyfriend to ask the insurance company to send an EOB?
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

Quote Quoting Missnaz
    View Post
    I have no right to know what is covered for my son? This is (sincerely) a question. I fully understand your wife not being able to get information about your policy, but what about coverage for her/your children (assuming they were on there)? Isn't there a distinction between services rendered and services covered?

The court order says that he must provide insurance if it 'is available to him at a reasonable cost'.
    I understand it is your son but it is neither your sons nor your policy. It is a contract between your sig others employer and the insurance company and provides services to your sig other who just happens to be your sig other.

He really needs to be asking the questions with them. It will save you some frustration and ultimately could save you a real PITA if the other childrens mother finds you seeking info about her (and your sig other) children as you are a legal stranger to them and have zero rights to any info about them. A court would generally not take kindly to the intrusion.

so, he does have the requirement to insure. As before, I suggest he ask his insurance company about any benefits paid on behalf of his and the other gals children. If nothing has been processed, then I would suggest contacting the agency that handles the ariz health program. He may get shut down there. If so, then I would contact the agency that handles the child support and tell them the situation.

better yet, have your sig other ask the mother, point blank.

1. Sponsored Links