Default Tax Check and TANF

My question involves child support in the State of: Indiana

My husband owes me about 19 thousand dollars in child support. Last year his tax check was taken but I didn't recieve the check because they said I owed money to the state for TANF. Ok there was a short period that I recieved TANF, less than a year. So I figured they took the taxcheck, paid back the TANF and that was that. This year there's a tax check for over 5 thousand dollars that should be coming to me.However, when I called they said I still owe 5 thousand dolars for TANF. If I would have recieved TANFfor an entire year,I would only owe a little over 4 thousand dollars. That was covered with last year's tax check!! So how can I prove that I was not recieving TANF for that amount of time, so I don't owe the money back. We now have joint custody so he pays no new child support now, but I still provide EVERYTHING for the children for the 2weeks he's with them and the 2 weeks I'm with them, so I really need this money.

Default Re: Tax Check and TANF

Talk to your case worker.

Quote Quoting indymindy
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: Indiana

My husband owes me about 19 thousand dollars in child support. Last year his tax check was taken but I didn't recieve the check because they said I owed money to the state for TANF. Ok there was a short period that I recieved TANF, less than a year. So I figured they took the taxcheck, paid back the TANF and that was that. This year there's a tax check for over 5 thousand dollars that should be coming to me.However, when I called they said I still owe 5 thousand dolars for TANF. If I would have recieved TANFfor an entire year,I would only owe a little over 4 thousand dollars. That was covered with last year's tax check!! So how can I prove that I was not recieving TANF for that amount of time, so I don't owe the money back. We now have joint custody so he pays no new child support now, but I still provide EVERYTHING for the children for the 2weeks he's with them and the 2 weeks I'm with them, so I really need this money.

Are you on, or the child on, state medical insurance?

"Are you on, or the child on, state medical insurance?"

Does this have to be repaid in all states? If so, do they equally divide this between parents, or only the NCP?

Quote Quoting Missnaz
    View Post
    "Are you on, or the child on, state medical insurance?"

Does this have to be repaid in all states? If so, do they equally divide this between parents, or only the NCP?
    If you have a question you should start your own thread.

No, they're not. And in Indiana anyway it doesn't have to be repaid, only the cash assistance part. I have filled out a paper that asks them to prove how much money i recieved. So I think I've resolved my own issue. It could take up to 90 days I am told. So now I play the waiting game.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

I wonder what the value of free medical care, cash assistance and food stamps for a year would be.... with interest.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

1. Sponsored Links