Hybrid View

Angry How to Undo Wrongful Abuse Investigation

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: New Jersey.

My son was four years old in Feb 2007 when I left him with a family member and his girlfriend to go to work. The next morning when he was returned to me the certain family member left very very fast. My son walked up to me and hugged me and I noticed he had a bruise twice the size of a quarter on his forehead, scratches under his eye, one of his eyes was blood shot red, and there looked to be either a bite mark or a round bruise that looked like a mouth on his upper back. My son was diagnosed with autism, so at the time he was unable to communicate and tell me what happened. Long story short, I called the family member, demanded to know what happened and he yelled at me and hung up. I called the police, they met me at the hospital. After hours of interviews with the prosecutors office, CPS, and the local police they went to the family members house. The hospital said he was abused, said he had blood vessels pop in his eye from either a blow to the head or being choked. I think it was patiki eye? This is so upsetting i can't stop crying about this. My son could not answer the prosecutor or anyone for that matter. He couldn't talk. But there were only two people with him that night and they knew this. The police knew it wasn't me because I had a witness when he was picked up and the same when he was dropped off. They were questioned but not arrested. The detective in the case was more interested in getting in my pants then working the case. He later got demoted for that. But when the case went before the grand jury they chose not to indict them because there was not enough evidence, I dont understand how, and they said they could not charge both of them for the crime. Only one of them, and because my son couldn't tell them who did it they walked. But now, its two years later. My son has been going to special schools and therapy, and he now has a full vocabulary. I asked him tonight what happened and he told me exactly who hit him. He started to cry so I didn't want to push the issue. Can I go back to the prosecutors office and re open this case? Can my son get the justice a little boy deserves?

Default Re: Can My Son Ever Get Justice

Quote Quoting MadMother
    View Post
    My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: New Jersey.

My son was four years old in Feb 2007 when I left him with a family member and his girlfriend to go to work. The next morning when he was returned to me the certain family member left very very fast. My son walked up to me and hugged me and I noticed he had a bruise twice the size of a quarter on his forehead, scratches under his eye, one of his eyes was blood shot red, and there looked to be either a bite mark or a round bruise that looked like a mouth on his upper back. My son was diagnosed with autism, so at the time he was unable to communicate and tell me what happened. Long story short, I called the family member, demanded to know what happened and he yelled at me and hung up. I called the police, they met me at the hospital. After hours of interviews with the prosecutors office, CPS, and the local police they went to the family members house. The hospital said he was abused, said he had blood vessels pop in his eye from either a blow to the head or being choked. I think it was patiki eye? This is so upsetting i can't stop crying about this. My son could not answer the prosecutor or anyone for that matter. He couldn't talk. But there were only two people with him that night and they knew this. The police knew it wasn't me because I had a witness when he was picked up and the same when he was dropped off. They were questioned but not arrested. The detective in the case was more interested in getting in my pants then working the case. He later got demoted for that. But when the case went before the grand jury they chose not to indict them because there was not enough evidence, I dont understand how, and they said they could not charge both of them for the crime. Only one of them, and because my son couldn't tell them who did it they walked. But now, its two years later. My son has been going to special schools and therapy, and he now has a full vocabulary. I asked him tonight what happened and he told me exactly who hit him. He started to cry so I didn't want to push the issue. Can I go back to the prosecutors office and re open this case? Can my son get the justice a little boy deserves?
    Yes, it's definately worth checking into. Contact the prosecutors office to find out what your options are.

1. Sponsored Links