Default Attempted Shoplifting

I was being stupid and immature last night. I went to Ralphs Grocery store. I thought I was sly and realized that there were no cameras down the alcohol aisle, so I put a bottle of Sailor Jerry's Run behind my belt in my pants and with my sweatshirt over it, you couldn't see anything hidden. I went through the check line and payed for a 2 liter of Cocacola with my CREDIT CARD. On my way out, just before my exit to the outside I was approached by two security guards who confronted me about not paying for "what I was hiding." I played dumb then bowled right through them.... I was caught but wrestled them off and sprinted out the door, tossing my bottle of Rum and the Coke I bought into a bush right outside the door in plain sight. I ran and zig zagged through a few blocks, hid for a while and made it back to my car which was parked a block away from Ralphs and proceeded home.

So here is my main question... The only thing that I am tripping on is that I payed for the Coke with my credit card and I am pretty sure that the security guards knew which check stand I went through. Even though the bottle I tried to heist was never taken, due to me leaving it... do you think that because I wrestled security guards and got away, they would get police involved and check what name was on the credit card that bought the Coca cola?? Or is it possible that because I ended up leaving the bottle and never struck any of the security guards, they didn't go so far as to check credit card sales and put a name to the face that got away?

I am kind of scared but realize that it was my fault and I am willing to face the consequences if it comes down to it. A 22 year old isn't supposed to do 16 year old shit. It's been about 20 hours since this happened. Do you think they'd have contacted me by now? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Default Re: Attempted Shoplifting

Never assume that just because you don't "see" any cameras that there aren't any. Cameras are just one of the many tools that loss prevention and security use. Also, not all cameras are stationary, so if they are PTZ then they can see you even if they are aisles away. Technically, you did steal. You walked out of their store without paying. Yes, the merchandise was thrown in the bush outside, but you exited the last point of sale without putting forth the cash (in your case credit card). It is up to that business as to whether or not they will move forward with your case in attempts to charge you with the theft.

If they have any sense at all, you'll be hearing from the police fairly soon. Let us know!

Don't forget that most stores have cameras in the parking lot, too. Which can get your license plate number.

Since you also "bowled right through them" - that will likely be put on record as you being uncooperative, at the very least.

Hey guys, It's been 2 days now and nothing has happened. I know that I will not be stepping foot in that establishment ever again nor will i try and steal anything. Thanks for the replys

1. Sponsored Links