Default Parental Rights Terminated

My question involves adoption law for the State of: Florida

Our great nephew was born with drugs in his system a year ago. He was taken into custody at the hospital by DCF and placed with us a week later. The father is listed as unknown on the birth certificate. Our neice (bio mother) surrendered her rights in November and at that time the court terminated her rights and the rights of the unknown father. Our neice said that she has told a couple of men that they may be the father but is not for sure who is the real father. We moved forward with the adoption process and it has been finalized. I just have a couple of questions:

1. Does the unknown father have a right to come forward and request that the adoption be reversed in the future even though his rights were terminated?

2. Does the court take into consideration what is in the best interest of the child? stability, etc.?

Thank you in advance for any info that you can provide.

Default Re: Parental Rights Terminated

1. Does the unknown father have a right to come forward and request that the adoption be reversed in the future even though his rights were terminated?
    It would seem to be No. Prior to an adoption, the alleged father is to be notified - either via search of the Putative Father Registry, or via the mother naming the father or suspected father(s). He then has 30 days to formally contest the adoption.
    2. Does the court take into consideration what is in the best interest of the child? stability, etc.?
    Yes. Even if J. Random Drug-User showed up with a positive DNA test in hand, that's not sufficient to overturn the adoption.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

1. Sponsored Links