Default Parental Alienation

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Colorado. I am a step-mom to my husband's adopted grand-children who were taken away from his son in the state of California. These children are being alienated from my husband by the children's adoptive mother/grandmother (my husband's ex-wife). The children are now 10 and 11. My husband and his ex-wife have been to mediation 3 times for a total of 10 hours with no agreeement. My husband's ex-wife bad-mouths me and my husband to the children and punishes them for enjoying their time with their adoptive father/grandfather. There are many instances but most recently my step-daughter, 11, dressed herself for school in clothes purchased by us as ordered by the court. Her adoptive mother insisted she come to the school bus that she drives to show her adoptive mother what she was wearing. She forced my 11-year-old step-daughter to strip and change into sweat pants because she didn't like her outfit. This stripping took place in front of my step-daughter's school on the school bus which of course was humiliating for my step-daughter.

My question is: What is the process in Colorado to perhaps change custody since my husband does not wish to keep the children from seeing their adoptive mother?

Default Re: Parental Alienation

The process is to petition the court for a modification of custody, demonstrate to the court that there are sufficient grounds to revisit the case, then convince the court that the modification you propose is in the child's best interest. If your husband wishes to proceed, I suggest that he work with a custody lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links