Default How to Amend a Court Order Without a Lawyer

my children would like to communicate with their incarcerated mother, but there is a court order for no contact from her children.

one child is a minor. the other children are over 18.

what form do i ask for, fill out, turn in? without an attoryney?

as the parent is there some sort of request form? this is in riverside california.

thanks very much

Default Re: Is There a Way to Amend a Court Order W/O a Lawyer

Quote Quoting ilovemyeasement
    View Post
    my children would like to communicate with their incarcerated mother, but there is a court order for no contact from her children.
    who placed the order? and why?

Explain a bit.

the court order which we are trying to get a copy of the exact wording is on its way to us right now.

the court order was filed by the state of california against the mother. the why answer is. the mother was charged with child endangerment. that the children shall have no contact with the mother.

but , as the father, i am ok with the children writing letters to the mother. i think its exteme punishment to not allow the children to be able to write to their mother.

i am not asking to visit, i am only asking what form do i use to fill out and turn in to the family courts of riverside california too ask/let the children write to their mother?

This is an order from the court that sentenced her to prison? From the family court overseeing custody? From a child protective services case - and if so, against just her or her and you?

Why does the order extend past adulthood?

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Why does the order extend past adulthood?
    Something tells me that it is because it is as a result of a criminal case. Criminal courts can make no contact orders as part of the sentencing (similar to DV cases) and they would extend past adulthood.

If this as a result of a criminal restraining order, the only way to get it lifted is to motion the criminal court to lift the restraining order. The adult child can/should do it for themselves, however, as for the minor child, I wouldn't count on that happening. Not at all.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

1. Sponsored Links