Default I Lightly Rear Ended Someone. No Damage - with Photos. $600 Damage

Hello!

Two weeks ago my fiance rear ended a lady very lightly, we pulled over and the lady we hit was off the wall mad. There was no damage at all to either car, and I took photos of this.

Her insurance company called us saying there is an estimated $600 damage, and asked if we will claim it on our insurance or pay it out of pocket.

We consulted with our insurance on what to do because there was no visible damage, and we have photos that indicate this. All they said was that if we pay it out of pocket their is a chance that she could sue because we didnt claim in on insurance. Or, we can claim it on our insurance but obviously our premiums will go up.

Is their any chance of fighting this, or mediating this somehow?

Thank you so much in advance!

Kindly,
    Erik

Default Re: I Lightly Rear Ended Someone. No Damage - with Photos. $600 Damage

who provided the estimate? were you provided with a copy of the estimate?

a bumper is designed to absorb impact. It generally does this by allowing a part of it to be damaged to absorb the forces. The parts involved are not viewable unless you are laying on the ground and even then, some are still obscured. Once those parts have given themselves in the name of safety, they may need to be replaced.

I guess there is no way to prove that the collision was no harder than a gentle nudge. We didnt even think we hit the person until she motioned us to follow her into a nearby parking lot.

Thank you.

You really don't want me to tell you the story about the car accident with no damage that ended up with about 10 surgeries and an artificial shoulder. That one was a gentle nudge as well.

Get a copy of the estimate and take a look. If there are items noted that are not damaged, that you are aware of, argue it with them.

1. Sponsored Links