Unhappy Courtesy Notice Not Received - California Traffic Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

It has been over a month for a Traffic Ticket for failing to stop at a red light while making a right turn. The "on or before date" in the citation is less than a month away.

If the courtesy notice does not come then what is my recourse.
    How do I know the amount of bail that I need to send to the superior court. I intend to fight this by written declaration but my understanding is that I will still need to pay the bail (which will be held in trust).

Need some help please.

Default Re: Courtesy Notice Not Received - California Traffic Ticket

You have promised to appear. The State did not promise to send a courtesy notice. They are just that... a courtesy.

Quote Quoting acerkhan
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

It has been over a month for a Traffic Ticket for failing to stop at a red light while making a right turn. The "on or before date" in the citation is less than a month away.

If the courtesy notice does not come then what is my recourse.
    How do I know the amount of bail that I need to send to the superior court. I intend to fight this by written declaration but my understanding is that I will still need to pay the bail (which will be held in trust).

Need some help please.
    You can call the phone number listed on your citation and speak to someone who will give you the information you inquired about. Another choice would be to go to the court's website (I don't know what county you were cited in so just do an online search). And a third choice would be for you to visit the courthouse at the address shown on your citation.

Based on the information in the Uniform Bail Schedule, your citation should be anywhere between $365 and $435 depending upon which county you're in.

If you live in my county and call the telephone number on the citation, all you'll hear is a recorded message......

Quote Quoting chuckycheese
    View Post
    If you live in my county and call the telephone number on the citation, all you'll hear is a recorded message......
    Hahaha... Chucky is only partially right... If you decide to call the number on your citation and although the person might not be a human being, however, it is an interactive system where you get to choose a search by drivers license or a search by citation; after that, and assuming the citation has been filed in court and that it is in the court system, then you will be able to hear what options you are eligible for (which will be a combination of some/all of these: Time Extension, TBWD, Guilty +Traffic School, Schedule an appearance... etc.).

I prefer doing any of those changes/requests online because I can print out some sort of confirmation for my records.

Everything spell-checks all right Chucky?

Well, since you asked...

"Hahaha" is a little weak and "drivers license" should have an apostrophe (driver's) but, otherwise, you did quite well.

1. Sponsored Links