Question Is There Any Way to Register a Car for Someone Else, in Their Name

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: CA

Kind of complicated situation here... if you don't want backstory the whole question is in the subject line. Anyway my boyfriend and I live together and share a car to save gas/money. When his registration came around in March he filed for PNO because we weren't using his car at all. SO today my car broke down and it will be a few days before it can be fixed, and he works Monday-Wednesday during DMV's open hours and doesn't have AAA. We don't want to risk driving a car with PNO status for 3 days. Is there any way to register the car for him while he is at work, either at the DMV or AAA (which I am a member of) seeing as we're not married or anything?

Default Re: Is There Any Way to Register a Car for Someone Else, in Their Name

Quote Quoting annagail
    View Post
    My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: CA

Kind of complicated situation here... if you don't want backstory the whole question is in the subject line. Anyway my boyfriend and I live together and share a car to save gas/money. When his registration came around in March he filed for PNO because we weren't using his car at all. SO today my car broke down and it will be a few days before it can be fixed, and he works Monday-Wednesday during DMV's open hours and doesn't have AAA. We don't want to risk driving a car with PNO status for 3 days. Is there any way to register the car for him while he is at work, either at the DMV or AAA (which I am a member of) seeing as we're not married or anything?
    I don't think it would be an issue in that the DMV will not ask you for identification to pay the registration fees. As long as the driver/vehicle is insured under a current policy and assuming that info does in fact show up on the DMV records (and the do look it up and verify it online) then I can assume that you can pay the fees and they will hand you the current year's tabs.

Awesome. Thank you for your help.

My pleasure

1. Sponsored Links