Default How Long Does the Unemployment Agency Have Before Sending You a Determination Letter

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Florida

I filed for unemployment benefits in Florida in April 2008. I just received my letter of determination this month April 2009 which they denied. Is it legal for them to send a determination so late in the process? I think if I had received my determination before this I would not have had a problem. I did not keep any documentation from the temporary agency regarding the end of the assignment. How can I fight this?

Default Re: How Long Does the Unemployment Agency Have Before Sending You a Determination Let

What did you do between April, 2008 and the present to determine the status of the claim or why it hadn't been decided? What were you told was the cause of the delay? Also, given that you were determined not to be eligible for benefits, what harm do you believe you suffered from the delay?

Default Re: How Long Does the Unemployment Agency Have Before Sending You a Determination Let

Are you currently still not working - have you not been able to find employment between 4-08 & 4-09?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Hi Mr. Knowitall and Betty3,

I was not told why there was such a delay and I was unemployed from April 28, 2008 until Dec 1, 2008. I collected unemployment compensation during this time. I am currently working now. The determination letter is stating that I must pay back the compensation because the temp agency that I was laid off from says I quit because I did not contact them, which is untrue. We had several conversations after and even before the end of the contract requesting a new job assignment. The agency knew months in advance that they had lost the contract but I was told they did not have any jobs available for me when the contract ended. I did contact them up until it got to the point where I had to focus my time on other avenues of employment. I got tired of them telling me they had nothing and just keep checking their website. I followed the rules, so why are they now coming after me?

1. Sponsored Links