Default How Do I Evict Someone in Texas

My question involves an eviction in the state of: Texas I own a home in Tx. My nephue is living there and not paying rent. I want to sell it. There is no rental agreement. or lease. How do I make him leave.

Default Re: How Do I Evict Someone in Tx

Evictions in Texas are very fast and easy to do. Usually complete in 10 days from start to finish.

I need to know what county the property is in so I can give you a link.

Default Re: How Do I Evict Someone in Tx

Quote Quoting OhMy
    View Post
    Evictions in Texas are very fast and easy to do. Usually complete in 10 days from start to finish.

I need to know what county the property is in so I can give you a link.
    I believe you are mistaken in what you have said. Deliever of the notice determines how many days the notice is. There is no such thing as a 3 day standard notice. Some judges require 5, 6 or 7 days if you mail the notice. Second what court are you using. Minimum time to get a court date is 8 to 10 days alone. Some courts take 3 to 4 weeks if they are back logged. Next you may win in court but you must give the tenant 5 working days to move. If they don't move then you have to file a writ. Five working days means another week. A realistic eviction takes 3 weeks minimum unless you negotiate them out. If the eviction goes full term so to speak expect 4 to 6 weeks. And just because you win in court doesn't mean the resident will not appeal. I have done a couple thousand evictions in Texas and I believe that if someone is new to this they need to be very very careful. I am seeing more attorneys and property managers being kicked out of court for minor mistakes. Just the other day a property manager was kicked out with 12 eviction cases. An attorney was kicked out over a simple simple issue. Just like any field unless you do it all the time you are not going to know ALL the issues. I say hire the professionals. A typical eviction will cost you $300 to $700 and includes the court cost. This is not through an attorney though. There are services that do this. Do a search. Evictions247 is one.

1. Sponsored Links