Unhappy Class A to Class C Misdemeanor Assault (Against 2 Family Members)

My question involves expungements or pardons for the state of: Texas

Initially, I was charged with a Class A Misdemeanor (Family Assault) because I assaulted two of my family members, however my criminal record was spotless before.

I don't know how it happened, but my defense attorney accepted the plea from the prosecutor's office; agreeing to lower the Class A Misdemeanors charges to TWO class C Misdemeanors as well as apologize to the victim(s) in court.

I have several questions:

Is this a good or bad thing?

How will it show up in my records? (I heard you have to report it to your employers for up to ten years. Since I have two Class C Misdemeanors for Assault, does this mean I have to report it for twenty years, even in school?)

Will it stay there forever? Can I remove it?

How will it affect my life (consequences)? People with parking tickets get Class C Misdemeanors all the time, so I don't think it's a big deal.

I know it's just two Class C Misdemeanors--but that's it? What if it happens again and I touch (or threaten) the victim?

Default Re: Class A to Class C Misdemeanor Assault (Against 2 Family Members)

Having the charges reduced is a good thing.

If you have to report all crimes to an employer or school, these count. Talk to your lawyer about how it will affect your life.

If you commit additional crimes in the future, you can expect to be convicted of more serious offenses.

Default Re: Class A to Class C Misdemeanor Assault (Against 2 Family Members)

Since this is a reduction from one misdemeanor to another, and it involved family members, you will still be prohibited by Federal law from owning or possessing a firearm or ammunition.

1. Sponsored Links