My question involves criminal records for the state of: Texas
Long story short, I'd like the warrant and arrest records expunged after the charges were dropped/dismissed by the County attorney.
I've read the law on texas.gov but it really isn't all that clear to me if:
1. All charges were dropped and the County attorney did not pursue the case.
2. No court date was ever needed because the charges were dropped
1. Is an expunge necessary if the charges were dropped and there is no criminal case or conviction?
2. If it is necessary/possible, can I expunge the warrant?
3. If it is necessary/possible, can I expunge the arrest?
4. I'm very much a private & law abiding person and would prefer no mention of me in anything regarding a criminal background. Is it possible to wipe it all away?
5. If not possible to wipe it all away, what would remain in a normal criminal background check after "everything" that can be done is completed?
BTW - the police work done on this was pretty sad and ended up wasting taxpayer money (mine included!)