Default Grandparents Rights after DHS Takes Custody

daughter lost grandkids to department of human services went to court today to get custody of the children but they denied becuse we did not give all the info they asked for that happened before me and my fiance got together and didnt think that it would concern them beings that we werent together at the time . Then asked to have visitations and department of human services said "grandparents have no rights " is this true or not and what do you suggest we do about this sitiuation if there is somthing that we can do please let us know ! They are keeping them with foster parents for atleast another 2 monthes My daughter only get s to see them 3 times a week for a hour a visit ..okay this is why the grandchildren are in the d.h.s. custody right now daughter had to go to court becuase of a recent accident she was involved in she left the kids with her mother and she got sent straight to jail without being able to find appropiate houseing for kids and come to find out her mother (my ex wife) has had previous child abuse related events so why my daughter was in jail they came and took her kids without her even knowing that they took them .My daughter has wrote a written document notorised saying that we could have temporary custody of the kids .But today went to court and they are keeping the kids in foster care makeing my daughter do all kinds of stipulations and we asked if we could atleast have visitations and d.h.s. has denied it so please if anyone can offer anykind of information relateing to this topixc we would so appreciate a reply to this ...... CONCERNED GRANDPARENTS......... THANKS

Default Re: Grandparents Rights after DHS Takes Custody

Quote Quoting theresa p
    daughter lost grandkids to department of human services went to court today to get custody of the children but they denied becuse we did not give all the info they asked for that happened before me and my fiance got together and didnt think that it would concern them beings that we werent together at the time .
    Why didn't you give them the information they wanted?

You should consider hiring a lawyer to advise you as to your rights and, if possible, to represent your interests in the protective proceedings.

Default response

the reason i did not give them the info was becuse it was back in 98 -99 and i wasnt even with my fiance then so i didnt think it was nessisacry

Default Re: response

Quote Quoting theresa p
    the reason i did not give them the info was becuse it was back in 98 -99 and i wasnt even with my fiance then so i didnt think it was nessisacry
    What exactly is the information that you did not give DHS?

1. Sponsored Links