Default Getting a Passport for a Minor Without Involving the Biological Father

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Iowa

I had a daughter almost 9 years ago. Her biological donor did not sign the birth certificate. About 6 months later he got a DNA test done. I never received an updated copy of her birth certificate and I don't know if I can still use her old one that does not have her name on it. He has not been in her life for this whole time. He does pay child support though. My husband and I now need to get her a passport and don't know what to do. I don't know where my ex is nor do i care to know. How can I get my daughter's passport without having to involve him?

Default Re: My Daughter & Passports

The rules are here.

Do you have an order from the paternity case, granting you sole legal custody?

Default Re: Getting a Passport for a Minor Without Involving the Biological Father

Do you have an order from the paternity case, granting you sole legal custody?

I don't believe so. I just got a letter in the mail from the state of Iowa stating that the test showed that he was 99.9% the biologocial father. We were never married and he never bothered me about visitation. He just pays a set amount. He is now married and has two other kids by two other woman as well. Should I go get a new copy of her birth certificate to see if his name is added? And if so, what do I do now in order to get her a passport since I believe he is in Iraq right now?

1. Sponsored Links