Default Criminal Justice Careers With a Misdemeanor Record

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Indiana

Hello, I don't know if this is in the right section, but I've been looking for the answer to my question with no avail. I was charged with two class A misdemeanors for possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia and it gave me a motivation to change and take a path in the criminal justice field. Whether this is possible to pursue as a major I am unsure. If not then I suppose I have no choice but to take another route, but I was just curious to know if it was still possible. I have never gotten in legal trouble so I am new to the whole thing.

-Thanks

edit: and also, I served 2 days in jail, but it says one year with 4 days to serve. But the judge never mentioned another date, nor is there another date given to me anywhere. And he said to just serve for the weekend, which I did. Do I have to go for another 2? I hope not.

Default Re: Criminal Justice W/ Misdemeanor

With the actual conviction on your record you would have to seek an expungement/pardon. Ill look more into the charges to see if they can in fact be expunged/sealed in indiana. However even with an expungement/pardon your record can still be viewed by the hiring agencies. how long ago has it been since you were charged and convicted?

Default Re: Criminal Justice W/ Misdemeanor

In terms of expungement, see this thread.

Talk to your probation officer about what additional obligations you may have under your sentence.

1. Sponsored Links