Default Can Landlord Take Me to Court Without a 5-Day Notice

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Washington State

My landlord ( mobile home lot ) Remember, I do own my home and I'm only renting the lot!! So, the laws are different! But anyways, I was 2 weeks late on my lot rent and my landlord took me to court, to recoup his late rent and fees. Can my landlord start a lawsuit and take me to court, without notifying me with a 5-day pay or vacate notice?

I'm being harassed by my landlord too much, in a past incident he has taken me to court for non payment, when I had paid. His manager he has working for him, took my rent money and never paid him or gave him my receipt of payment. So, of course the landlord started a lawsuit up in order for him to receive his payment. (that was already paid ) My landlord never asked me personally if I had paid or to see my receipt, he just assumed that I didn't pay. I found out from another neighbor that my name was listed in the lawsuit. The same manager didn't give us a summons, 5-day notices or anything indicating we had to show up for court and that there was a court order. So of course, I went to the manager and asked her what was going on and why there was a lawsuit against me. My manager told me, that I didn't have to show up because the lawsuit was dropped. (bullpucky, this was to save her but.) I found out later that, I was on the list still and it was never dropped.

I did show up for court and the court dismissed the lawsuit, because I was able to show them my receipts. ( also had to show the landlords attorney ) Luckily, I did show up for court. Same manager was responsible for the notices and sending the summons out. ( she did neither) I also was able to get her to admit to her wrong doing. Two weeks later, the manager and landlord was at my door apologizing for their mistake. Now, he's taken me to court again for being two weeks late? What kind of dude is this?

Do you see a lawsuit here? Can I go after the Landlord and Manager?

Default Re: Can Landlord Take Me to Court Without a 5-Day Notice

You can avoid all this drama by paying your rent on time. Being late on rent is a valid reason for immediate eviction. Don't expect the judge to be as lienent as before since this has happen more than once.

Quote Quoting lill
    View Post
    You can avoid all this drama by paying your rent on time. Being late on rent is a valid reason for immediate eviction. Don't expect the judge to be as lienent as before since this has happen more than once.
    LILL, being late didn't happen before, I was actually taken to court for paying my rent. You need to look back and see what I have wrote. Why is it, any time somebody mentions that they are late on rent, they are the bad guy and it doesn't matter if the landlord did anything illegal or not...it's all your fault attitude? It's ok for the Landlord to jam you in the butt, because your late on rent?? I'm only asking one question and that Is - is it illegal for the Landlord to take me to court because I was two weeks late, and was never notified ?? I also pay a $25 late fee too. It's either a YES or NO Answer! I was never late on my rent before, I've been always on time!!

It's ok for the Landlord to jam you in the butt, because your late on rent??
    Yes, it's perfectly legal for the landlord to enforce the legally binding contract you both signed. It's legally permissible to "jam you in the butt" if you're even one day late with your rent.

That said...

You may have grounds for dismissal of the suit under the Manufactured/ Mobile Home Landlord-Tenant Act, because you were not provided with proper notice.

Contact the Manufactured Housing Dispute Resolution Program.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

Smile Re: Can Landlord Take Me to Court Without a 5-Day Notice

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    Yes, it's perfectly legal for the landlord to enforce the legally binding contract you both signed. It's legally permissible to "jam you in the butt" if you're even one day late with your rent.

That said...

You may have grounds for dismissal of the suit under the Manufactured/ Mobile Home Landlord-Tenant Act, because you were not provided with proper notice.

Contact the Manufactured Housing Dispute Resolution Program.
    Thank You!!

RCW 59.20.300 Manufactured/mobile home communities - Notice of Sale

I'm seeing this RCW was a violation but I need to find a Resolution...

Our manufactured/mobile home community was SOLD without notice.
    The tenants or local community didn't have the option to buy. Now we are being kicked out. Our trailers are OLD and we have low income and senior citizens living in the community. We've all been here for 12+ years and some 30 years.

If anybody can look up RCW 59.20.300 and let me know if they can find a Resolution, because it's been violated...Thank You!

1. Sponsored Links