Default Rear Ended a Stalled Car with No Hazard Lights On at the Time of Accident

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: CA

My father received a civil lawsuit for an accident that happened 2 years ago. He was on the freeway going appx. 55 mph on the middle lane and changed to the right hand lane next to the shoulder when he noticed there was a car stalled with absolutely no hazard lights 3 car lenghts ahead of him as he was changing lanes. He then swerved back to the original middle lane and barely clipped the cars bumper. According to my father, the lady did not seem to be hurt at all as she pulled out a case of 24 water bottles and passed it to each officer. Hmm.

The lady is now sueing him for $100,000 in compensation for disability from not working for 2 years apparently for this accident.
    Is it his fault if her car was stalled and she did not bother to turn her hazard lights on while she was parked on the a driving lane instead of going to the shoulder?

Default Re: Rear Ended a Stall Car with No Hazard Lights on During the Time of Accident

A lawyer is a good idea. However, did you dad inform his ins. co. of the lawsuit against him?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Default Re: Rear Ended a Stall Car with No Hazard Lights on During the Time of Accident

Yes, my dad had my insurance co. contact her insurance co. during the time of the accident. My dad's insurance covered for the damages and medical. Now, she is seeking further restitution.

Contact the insurance company again, and turn the lawsuit over to the insurance company. They should provide you with a defense.

1. Sponsored Links