Default Fix It Ticket, Expired Registration

My question involves vehicle maintenance laws for the State of: CA

I was driving a relative's car. I received a fix it ticket for an expired registration. The officer said the ticket would be mailed to the owner of the car. My relative received the ticket in the mail and had a police officer stamp and sign off on it. The officer did not give her further instructions, what is the next step?

Two other questions:
    1.) what does it mean if the signature line has the phrase: "complaint to be filed" written down?
    2.) There's a court location and date written--what for? Is she supposed to mail the $10 here?

Default Re: Fix It Ticket, Expired Registration

Quote Quoting maxp4
    View Post
    I was driving a relative's car. I received a fix it ticket for an expired registration. The officer said the ticket would be mailed to the owner of the car. My relative received the ticket in the mail and had a police officer stamp and sign off on it. The officer did not give her further instructions, what is the next step?
    The owner of the car needs to contact the court and provide the proof of correction and pay the Admin fee. She can call the court and ask how this can be done if she has not yet received that instruction.

Two other questions:
    1.) what does it mean if the signature line has the phrase: "complaint to be filed" written down?
    It means they are going to submit the complaint to the owner by mail, I imagine.

2.) There's a court location and date written--what for? Is she supposed to mail the $10 here?
    Likely that's where she is supposed to appear. i wouldn't mail anything in unless she has received specific instructions as to how to do that.

- carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

1. Sponsored Links