Default Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree, E Class Felony

I live in westchester new york and during last thanksgiving i got so drunk that i kick and punch a parked cars rear bumper. So I've been going back and fourth to court and I went yesterday (I have a legal aide) and the changed my lawyer again (i dont know why yet) and he tells me there offering me a year probation instead of three years and resitution for 3,500 bucks!!!!! how the hell does a 2004 honda accord rear bumper cost so much. I did the estimates at a body shop and the most they go for is 800$

when i got arrested they gave me the papers saying what i got charged for and it said this.
    The people of the state of new york charge me with criminal mischief in the third degree E felony. The office wittness the defendent doing the crime. then it says under [B]facts[B] on the above date and time the above defendant intentionally kick,punch, and spit on ny registration XXXXXX a 2004 Honda accord causing damage to the [B]REAR[B] BUMPER. This took place on the corner of main street in the city of white plains. The owner signed an owners depostion.

So my question is i went to a body shop and honda and theres no way a rear bumper cost so much money. So i told my new lawyer that where the proof i did that much worth of damage, wheres the estimate? the pictures? he tells that to the prosecutor and they say they dont have it lol? so they told me to go back in march and i made an appointment next tuesday to make sure i tell him to keep it real there no way im paying 3500 for a bumper on a piece of shit honda accord. anyone has advice pleasse help i cant picture myself paying that amount of money for a bumper. I agree i deserve to pay. But not to get ripped off. please help. thx

Default Re: Criminal mischief 3rd degree e class felony new york

You deserve to pay what the court tells you to pay.

Yes, you can present alternating estimates of the damage... but make sure that the amount does not include lost wages or any other fees and/or penalties.

i know i deserve to pay i take full responsibility, i just think 3,500 bucks for kicking and punching a bummper is wayyy to much. first of all i never got in trouble before, and bumper to be painted and put on for that type of car is no more then 800 bucks, so ubnless the rest is in one big fine i dont see how it equals to that much and when i asked for proof from lawyer, he then ask the prosecution for papers showing i did the damage or photos and estimates and they dont have nothing.

anyone has any advice? i never got into trouble and all that money i can you towards tution. I didnt damage the car because "im one of those people who do randow vandelism to another ones property" i guess i was so intoxicated and the fact my friend drove my car 3 weeks ago and it was a honda and it got burnt down to the ground (long story) i felt frustrated and kick another honda that was parked." I didnt even knew why I was in jail until the cop told me when I woke up. I dont make that much money and there is no way I can afford that much to pay. Any input would be great. thankyou.

1. Sponsored Links