Hybrid View

Default Why Do I Need Insurance to Get My Suspended License Back when Penndot Has My Plates

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: PA

I was able to get my license back last September, but have two fines left. So my license is suspended indefinitely. All I have to do is pay them off and I can get my license. however, penndots letter that i just got says i also have to provide proof of insurance? Is there a way around this? They have my plates, my registration is still suspended until i get insurance and send them a copy, but they have my plates and my car is not registered. They have had my plate since march 08. My car will take a lot of money to fix and i have to inspect it and buy a 500 dollar insurance policy.

Can I just say I have no car registered to me, which is true as it is suspended indefinitely until i send in $50 and copy of my insurance

When I first got my license, I had no car, no insurance. So why can't i get my license back. My gfs cars insurance would cover me if i were driving it, as would a companies car, a rental car etc.

is there a way around this

I want to pay my two tickets, get my license. Fix up my car, then when it is repaired, But a 6 month policy (the longer i wait the more i get out of it) get my plate, and renew my registration, then drive the car uninspected at night to an auto shop .3 miles from here.

i don't want to buy a 6 month policy and not even be able to drive my car for 2-3 months

If it comes to that, I'll just copy my old policy stub and photoshop in legit dates to get my license. to at least get my license back, I won't drive with no plates,inspection, etc

Default Re: Why Do I Need Insurance to Get My Suspended License Back when Penndot Has My Plat

Were any of your tickets for failure to have insurance?

Default Re: Why Do I Need Insurance to Get My Suspended License Back when Penndot Has My Plat

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    yes, but it was dropped, let me check my thread about it and get right back to you

The letter says

If you do not own a vehicle currently registered in Pa, send a signed statement of this fact which reads I do not own any motor vehicles currently registered in PA

I belive this is true as my car is owned by me, but is not registered

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    My tickets
    Driving under suspension license
    Driving Under suspended registration
    No Inspection
    No emissions
    No insurance
    Expired license

I had six tickets as I posted in my first post..
    They dropped driving under a suspension
    They also dropped no emission

They changed driving on a suspended reg to a 1301A, which is driving with no reg (from what they say, means no suspension time) the fine also went down to 75 from 200
    I plead guilty to
    No insurance
    driving with expired license
    no inspection

they said i will be looking at 3 + 6 months suspension (total 9 months) from these 4 tickets

all I got was a 3 month suspension total from penndot for the whole thing. Penndot did'nt do anything about it because the worse one never made it there as they were dropped or changed by the huge

i only am not driving as i got fired last july and can't afford the fines left, nor all the money involeed fixingup my car insurance, etc. But my tax refund will cover the fines and insurance

Quote Quoting xkwox
    View Post
    My tickets
    Driving under suspension license
    Driving Under suspended registration
    No Inspection
    No emissions
    No insurance
    Expired license

all I got was a 3 month suspension total from penndot for the whole thing. Penndot did'nt do anything about it because the worse one never made it there as they were dropped or changed by the huge

i only am not driving as i got fired last july and can't afford the fines left, nor all the money involeed fixingup my car insurance, etc. But my tax refund will cover the fines and insurance
    And did your suspension say anything about "after showing proof of insurance"?

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    And did your suspension say anything about "after showing proof of insurance"?
    Just says I have two infefinite suspensions and lists the courts and fine amounts, abnd before those it says proof of insurance, said to provide a copy of the following

But like i mentioned

it says if you do not own a motor vehicle currently registered ina pa, send a signed statement saying blah blah blah

Quote Quoting xkwox
    View Post
    Just says I have two infefinite suspensions and lists the courts and fine amounts, abnd before those it says proof of insurance, said to provide a copy of the following

But like i mentioned

it says if you do not own a motor vehicle currently registered ina pa, send a signed statement saying blah blah blah
    Proof of insurance is apparently part of your requirements for getting your license back.

Quote Quoting xkwox
    View Post
    Try that. It will either work, or they'll tell you that they still need proof of insurance.

1. Sponsored Links