Post How Do You Remove a Felony From Your Record

My question involves criminal law for the state of: MICHIGAN

i have a felony conviction for breaking and entering (building) with intent. The drime was commited January 2002 but i was not charger and convicted untill July 12 2004. So this July will be 5 years. Since 2002 i ahve not been convicter or arrested for anything other then this. i dont even have any speeding tickets. i now live in Nevada but i assume i will have to go about getting it taken care of in michigan. so....... what im looking for is the rules about going about in doing so. if anyone knows where i can go to ge RELIABLE information on this pertaining to MICHIGAN or if there is froms i have to downlaod or order. do you have to go through the governor? or just the courts? or what..... any reliable information would be great!!

Default Re: How Do You Remove a Felony From Your Record

Since 2002 you have no convictions, but what about before that time? Is the B&E the only criminal conviction on your record (including traffic misdemeanors, such as DUI or DWLS)?

The petition form for expungement is available here - Form MC277, "Application to Set Aside Conviction".

no.... i have some what of a lengthy record. all from when i was 17-19 yrs old (1999 - 2002) that i am NOT proud of. now that im almost 27 i want to try to put it behind me... the Felony OBVIOUSLY the most

basicly i got like 4 MIP's all for underage drinking
    a DUI.... dropped to OUIL i think?
    and then the felony for the B and E

If your record contains only one criminal conviction, you can qualify for expungement in Michigan. If it contains more than one, you don't qualify. See MCL 780.621 ("Except as provided in subsection (2), a person who is convicted of not more than 1 offense may file an application with the convicting court for the entry of an order setting aside the conviction.")

1. Sponsored Links