Post Second Degree Theft Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington
    I have been charged with a felony, theft in the 2nd degree. I stole $2,741.14 in cash, from the register, within a 3 month period. I was arrested on the 8th of Dec., went to court on the 10th and was pre-released. My next court date is the 4th of Feb. I have paid the exact amount that I stole back to Retail Store. I am now working at a child care agency and I have been going to medical school. I am about to graduate from medical school and I am a single mother of a two year old son. If this stays on my record, I will not be able to graduate medical school and will lose my grants and be dropped from the school. This is my first time doing anything like this and I deeply regret it. This could ruin everything that I have worked hard for. Is there anyway that I can keep this charge off my record so that I can finish school, graduate, and take care of my son? Is there some kind of program that I can do to keep this charge off my record?

Default Re: Second Degree Theft Charges

Quote Quoting sweetjewels86
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington
    I have been charged with a felony, theft in the 2nd degree. I stole $2,741.14 in cash, from the register, within a 3 month period. I was arrested on the 8th of Dec., went to court on the 10th and was pre-released. My next court date is the 4th of Feb. I have paid the exact amount that I stole back to Retail Store. I am now working at a child care agency and I have been going to medical school. I am about to graduate from medical school and I am a single mother of a two year old son. If this stays on my record, I will not be able to graduate medical school and will lose my grants and be dropped from the school. This is my first time doing anything like this and I deeply regret it. This could ruin everything that I have worked hard for. Is there anyway that I can keep this charge off my record so that I can finish school, graduate, and take care of my son? Is there some kind of program that I can do to keep this charge off my record?
    See if your attorney can get the charge dropped to a misdemeanor and then try for a diversion.

I want to warn you, though... this was not a single incident. You stole repeatedly over a prolonged period of time. This is not going to be easy.

You need to spend every dime you have on an attorney.

Default Re: Second Degree Theft Charges

So I have talked to my public defender and he has said that I could basically try to make a plea to not be charged for the crime but the arrest would still be on my record. The prosecuting attorney has not yet replied back to the plea offer yet. Do you think that if I hired an attorney, that they may be able to get me a better deal?

1. Sponsored Links