Post Does a Bench Warrant Appear on a Criminal Record

My question involves criminal records for the state of: California

I was in court for a small $12 infraction recently, i did not know i had to appear in court because i moved and didn't receive any info on whether or not i had to appear or not. out of curiosity i called to see if i had to appear in court or not, and was informed i had a missed court date and have a bench warrant to appear. i rescheduled a court date and when i saw the judge i proved the change of address to him. since i was able to prove a change of address, is the warrant still going to be on my record? or would it not longer show because i had a legitimate reason of missing the 1st court date? also, im applying for my guard card will this show on the background check since i showed up in court and already dealt with the judge?

Default Re: Bench Warrant Question, Please Help

Quote Quoting calimademe75
    View Post
    My question involves criminal records for the state of: California

I was in court for a small $12 infraction recently, i did not know i had to appear in court because i moved and didn't receive any info on whether or not i had to appear or not. out of curiosity i called to see if i had to appear in court or not, and was informed i had a missed court date and have a bench warrant to appear. i rescheduled a court date and when i saw the judge i proved the change of address to him. since i was able to prove a change of address, is the warrant still going to be on my record? or would it not longer show because i had a legitimate reason of missing the 1st court date? also, im applying for my guard card will this show on the background check since i showed up in court and already dealt with the judge?
    This should NOT appear as a record, it was only a bench warrant and it was taken care of by you before an arrest was made. I do not see where this would cause you to have a record.

The $12 problem may be another story though. If it was for theft, then you may have a record.
    My posts are not intended to offend anyone. I am sorry if they have.

When it comes to your FICO scores you are dinged if you do and dinged if you dont

1. Sponsored Links