My question involves police conduct in the State of: Roanoke Co ,VA
I have a roomate that likes to play the music on saturdays ever now and then ,My probem is this code says its ok so long as its not from 10pm to 7am .the police say otherwise .If there reason is true then can't I call the law on anyone that has a harley davidson motorcycles ?here is the code and then the rest of my story I would be happy to pay for a fix using paypal not sure if this is the site for that if you know that site please tell me ?
Roanoke co code.
Sec. 13-20. General prohibition.
In addition to the specific prohibitions contained in this article, no person shall make, continue, permit, or cause to be made, continued or permitted any noise disturbance within the county.
(Ord. No. 102792-12, § 1, 10-27-92)
Sec. 13-21. Specific acts as noise disturbances.
The following acts are declared to be noise disturbances in violation of this article. The acts so specified shall not be deemed to be an exclusive enumeration of those acts which may constitute a noise disturbance under section 13-20 and provided that the acts so specified below may still constitute a noise disturbance under section 13-20 independently of the hours of the day such acts take place.
(1) Engaging in, or operating or causing to be operated any equipment used in the construction, repair, alteration or demolition of buildings, streets, roads, alleys or appurtenances thereto between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. the following day.
(2) Repairing, rebuilding or modifying any motor vehicle or other mechanical equipment or device between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. the following day in a manner so as to be plainly audible across property boundaries.
(3) Loading or unloading trucks outdoors within one hundred (100) yards of a residence between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. the following day.
(4) Sounding the horn or warning device of a vehicle, except when necessary as a warning during the operation of the vehicle.
(5) Operating or permitting the use or operation of any radio receiving set, musical instrument, television, phonograph or any other device for the production of sound, between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. the following day, at a volume sufficient to be plainly audible across property boundaries or through partitions common to two (2) residences within a building or plainly audible at fifty (50) feet from such device.
(6) Using or operating a loudspeaker or other sound amplification devices in a fixed or movable position exterior to any building, or mounted upon any motor vehicle or mounted in the interior of a building with the intent of providing service to an exterior area for the purpose of commercial advertising, giving instruction, information, directions, talks, addresses, lectures, or providing entertainment to any persons or assemblage of persons on any private or public property, between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. the following day.
(7) Using or operating any motor vehicle without factory installed mufflers or their equivalent, on any public street or road in the county or on private property within a residential zoning district.
(8) Using a radio receiving set, an audio cassette player, a compact disc player, or other device for the production of sound in a motor vehicle at a volume sufficient to be plainly audible at fifty (50) feet from such vehicle.
(9) Failure to deactivate an alarm system plainly audible at fifty (50) feet from such alarm within such reasonable time as is established by section 16-23 of this Code.
(Ord. No. 102792-12, § 1, 10-27-92)
The cops superviser says that the first part of (Sec. 13-21. Specific acts as noise disturbances.
The following acts are declared to be noise disturbances in violation of this article. The acts so specified shall not be deemed to be an exclusive enumeration of those acts which may constitute a noise disturbance under section 13-20 and provided that the acts so specified below may still constitute a noise disturbance under section 13-20 independently of the hours of the day such acts take place ) gives him the reason .
It was before 10pm the house that called the cops was 200 feet or more down the road and the sound came from one not two 100w speaker that's about 12in long .This dude cuts wood and fires guns at all times of the day sometimes at 5am ,he's a loser that lived in his girl friends basement only to marry her and moved next door to them ,everyone on the block hates them .
Anyway ,the cop comes to the house says this is his 2nd time there in the 4 years we lived here says he could arrest everyone there and ask for ID from all he did not see it from the first time months back .Then tells everyone to stay put until the ID check is done all because of music .
1 - Does the posted code keep me from playing my music in the daytime before 10pm?
2 - I was not drinking and was inside with one of my friends that was not drinking the other friend over was with my roomate outside .The cop comes to the front door and I tell him were turning it down he still ask for the other dude and tells me to put the dogs up so he can go around back and talk to him .I do and then go around back and let him in .Can he arrest everyone there ?for the music ?he says he could .
3 -The cop keep saying he would arrest the dude playing the music or us all for drunk in public .He is in the back yard with 6ft tall wood fence and 47acre of woods all around there is noting public about it I go outside nude at times because know one can see me .Would that stand in court ?The county does not even remove snow from my road or bring the mail to the house it has to be picked up at the bottom of the road.If the county thinks this is public then maybe I can get the road fixed from taken them to court .
Last I don't need any short answers .Any real answers leave your paypal name and I will give on any that help me .I belive in freedom and I'm doing this for my roomate .Both people next to us love us and are freinds this is some dick down the road on a power trip using his wife for a place to live .