Default Removing a Man's Name from My Daughter's Birth Certificate

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Missouri

Hello, I was involved with 2 men when I got pregnant with my daughter. I decided to go it alone and I added no one's name to the birth certificate. About 6 months ago i got back together with one of the 2 men. I added his name to my child's birth certificate about 4 months ago. Something has come to light and I know now that he is not the father the other man is. How can i go about removing his name from the birth certificate so that either no one's name will be on it but mine or the bio father's name is on it? How do i change her last name back to mine? Will a DNA test submitted to the court's suffice? She was born in Missouri and we live in Arizona. Also, we were married for 5 months, and were when we signed the papers getting him on the birth certificate. Now we are getting divorced. Thank you.

Edited to add: I was married at the time of conception to the other man (the actual father). Would that make it easier since MO law states (I think) that if I was married at the time of conception that man should have been signed as father? The other (non-bio father) was not added to her birth cert until she was 2, I was on it alone until then. Also, the 1st man (the actual father whom i was married to at time of conception) is an Australian citizen, not American. I would like to have his name put on the certificate since it is the correct one.

Default Re: Removing a Man's Name from My Daughter's Birth Certificate

You submitted the erroneous affidavit of paternity to what state?

You have sixty days in Missouri to rescind an acknowledgment of paternity. Now it will take a court action which, if everybody's cooperative, ideally won't be excessively difficult. The easiest way to do that is normally for the biological father to initiate paternity proceedings.

Yes it was erroneous, NOT fruadulent. Is there a form or waiver for MO someway to remove his name without involving the birth father? If I do have to involve the borth father, which form would he fill out (since there is someone already on the birth cert). I also need to get my daughter's last name changed back to my maiden name.

Thank you for the advice!

I'm sorry, it was submitting to MO, my daughter's birth state.

Again, you have sixty days in Missouri to rescind an acknowledgment of paternity. Now it will take a court action which, if everybody's cooperative, ideally won't be excessively difficult. The easiest way to do that is normally for the biological father to initiate paternity proceedings.

1. Sponsored Links