Default Social Security and Harassment

Hi, I would like some advice on what to do in the following situation...

My family (Me, my mother, and my grandmother) have been evicted twice. The first time we were evicted was because of my Aunt and her two sons were living with us to help take care of my grandmother. Though the course of living there they never payed ANY utilities and only payed some rent. My mother ended up kicking them out because of this. All the debts that they never paid were put into our hands and we simply could not afford it. And yes they were on the lease of the rent. We found a new place, this time an apartment. Upon moving into the apartment, there was an allegation sent to social security about how my mother (she is the payee of my grandmother's social security checks) is not spending my grandmother's social security money to my grandmother's benefit, so her checks were stopped. They said we had to get all receipts from x date to x date. But after like a month my mother called social security and they just said she had to bring proof of residency. So we did and we got the checks to start being sent again, but it was too late to pay the bills because we were already too far behind on the rent. So, again we were evicted. We now have this small town home at the moment, and either the same allegation was sent again or another one was sent because the social security checks were stopped again. Now my needs to show for $12,000 in receipts from Jan. 2007 to now. We know who sent the allegations and it's from the Aunt we kicked out. And I was wondering if we can do anything to my Aunt for sending these false allegations. Also, can we do anything about her leaving us with the bills from the 1st evicted house (We had a $2000+ excel energy bill that we are now on a payment plan for).

A few more things, before we moved into our the first house we got evicted from we were living in a nice home for about 5 years and we were living with another one of my Aunts. When growing up this aunt lit my grandmother's house on fire, just to give you an idea of what kind of person she is. But anyways, when my aunt was with my grandmother at home one day, my grandmother fell and broke a bone in her hand. My aunt did not tell anyone that she fell so for 2 and a half days she had the injury with no one knowing, and I was wondering if there was anything we could do about that.

One last thing, about aunt that lived with us in our first evicted home. After living in our apartment (The second place we got evicted from), we find out that the aunt is calling family members and telling them that my grandmother is dead, which she is clearly not. So, is there anything we can do about that?

Sorry for all the questions, we are tired of the things we have went through and we just want the right to live.

Default Re: Social Security and Harassment

Your mother needs to take your aunt to small claims court to get the money she is out from the place where she got stuck with the rent and energy bill)

Your mom also needs to show the proof that the SS office is asking for. When you have your appt to show them reciepts, ask them what can be done to prevent these alligations in the future.

If your mother feels that her mother or any of you are in danger from your aunt, then I suggest you go to your local court house and get a restraining order against any of your aunts.

So my mother can definetly take her to small claims and get money for the bills and whatever? What about for pain and suffering because this hasn't been easy on my mother and grandma considering she's like 83 and has Alzheimers so she doesn't even know what's going on more than half the time because she moved so much. And my mother has back problems and she works 8-9 hours a day, 6-7 days a week so she doesn't have the time to put up with moving and looking through receipts and all this.

If your mother is too tired or doesn't want to take the time to go thru reciepts then there isn't much she can do.
    Pain and suffering? Hardly. She has to chalk it up as bad choices. She should pick her roommates wisely.
    Being a payee on SS also comes with the obligation to keep records which you don't get compensated for. The system is put in place to protect the person receiving the SS...who is your grandmother. Your mother has a legal obligation to keep records or she could lose the right to get those checks and potentially be prosected.

Well it's not like she was going to know that they do this so at the time she thought it was a fine choice conserider that aunt had never done anything to my mother before.

1. Sponsored Links