Default Texas Expungement

My question involves expungements or pardons for the state of: Texas
    I have Class C Misdmeanor for which i applied expungement through **********.com and it has been 8 months now and they keep giving me the run around that it takes a while in Texas. Then they told me that there was a petition filed on my behalf so i told them i never hired a laywer for expungement so how can someone file for me without my consent. Now they tell me that the DA in Austin has agreed for expungement but still has not signed the petition. I have never gotten a document from **********.com that a expungement was granted . do DAs take this long or are they this difficut to deal with. and if they have granted expungement and they sign off on it, how long will it be before my record has entirely gone from all the major agencies

Question Re: Texas Expungement

I'm not a lawyer, but I thought a Class C Misdemeanor was just another name for a ticket, like a speeding ticket? AFAIK nothing would appear on your criminal history. It would have to be at least a Class B to appear on your criminal record.

Default Re: Texas Expungement

Quote Quoting AlphaOmega
    View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, but I thought a Class C Misdemeanor was just another name for a ticket, like a speeding ticket? AFAIK nothing would appear on your criminal history. It would have to be at least a Class B to appear on your criminal record.
    Class C *will* show up on your criminal record.

Speeding tickets and certain ordinance violations do not.

If you received deferred adjudication of a class "C" misdemeanor in Texas and you successfully completed community supervision, you may be eligible to have your conviction expunged. The release, dissemination or use of expunged records by any agency is prohibited. Unless being questioned under oath, you may also deny the occurrence of the arrest and expunction order.
    If the above does not apply to your situation, you are not eligible for expungement under Texas statutes, no matter what anyone is telling you. If you are eligible, then you spend the $ to hire an attorney to get this matter resolved as quickly as possible.

I have a similar question that I hope can be answered. I was charged with a deferred adjunction on a Class C Misdemeanor for working as a locksmith without the proper licensing from the 'Private Security Bureau' in Texas - I was only State licensed which wasn't enough. That was two years ago and I am at the end of my probation soon so I will apply to get my record expunged. I want to apply for a locksmith license again, but I want to know who has access to see my expunged record, because I need to appy through the Department of Public Safety's - 'Private Security Bureau' and they were the ones who charged me initially. Also could they legally use my charges against my in my application if my record has been expunged? How long does it take to get the record expunged after applying?

1. Sponsored Links