Default Need help with unruly, disrespecting teen

My daughter is 16 yo and is completly out of control. Although she does go to school, at home she is a nightmare. She throws temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way, screams profanities at me in front of my 6 and 8 yo's, comes and goes as she pleases, breaks things in the house, etc... She currently works a part time job on weekends and I have attempted to make her quit because of her behavior and grades. I did not sign anything when she was hired at the job and my daughter says I can't make her quit. She found a ride to work, after I told her she couldn't go, and then told me she was going to call the police if I didn't come pick her up.

She doesn't have the means to support herself so, I believe that emancipation is not an option. Is there a way I can reliquish my parental rights without this affecting my other children? They have picked up on alot of her ill behaviors and I feel tormented in my own house. She has been arrested 4 times during the past 3-4 years for domestic violence however the court will not commit her to a program. She completed anger management and (2) 21 day stays at the detention facility. The next step was probation, which imposes monitary fines which they would force me to pay. Why should I pay fines for this if I was the victim of the violence???

Have you considered sending her to a "bootcamp" for unruly teens? You are her mother and she is a minor. You don't need the court to commit her to a program, you can do it yourself.

I have heard from many people that it straighten thier kids up.

Default Unruly Teen

Yes, I have looked into boot camps. The problem with that is that if the teen does not want to stay, the boot camps won't take them. I know this sounds unreal, but that is the way it works. It is all voluntary. Most of them even charge an outrageous fee which I can not afford.

1. Sponsored Links