My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Texas
First, thank you for providing a forum where I see actual answers rather than advertising for your other services. Every other forum I have visited had 3 or 4 canned answers to questions and never any specific feedback. If I am every looking for services, I will return here first!
Here are the facts:
- My mother passed without a will in Texas
- She owned 3 assets of value:
- House and land assessed at $57k
- Second property with house and land (for my disabled brother) accessed at $16,540.
- Producing mineral rights from my grandparents estate valued at $6k
- All other personal property had been given as gifts over the years and consisted of momentos and old furniture. Nothing of real value.
- She had 4 children, all living, all of age and all of sound mind
- She was a widow of 8 years
- All four of her children agree to how she wished her assets be divided
- There is no chance that there are "suprise" heirs
I have done a lot of research and think what I need to do is become the independent administrator of her estate. I just need to know what papers need to be filed and in what order.
I have prepared an Application for Determination of Heirship and Letters of Administration that includes:
- Name of applicant (me), my residence, my relationship to the decedent, that I am qualified and not disqualified by law to act as administrator.
- The name and age of the decedent and details of her death
- Decedents address at time of death
- Venue is proper
- Decedent owned property valued at approximately $75k
- A necessity exists for the administration of the estate
- Names, ages, marital status and residence of heirs, the relationship of each to the decedent and the interest each has in the estate (one-fourth each)
- All children born or adopted are listed
- Details of her three marriages, two ending in divorce, one ending in the death of her husband 8 years ago.
- That she died intestate and no will is known to any heir
- Closing with:
WHEREFORE, PREMISES CONSIDERED, Applicant prays that citation and notice will issue as required by law to all persons interested in this Estate; that Applicant be appointed Administrator of this Estate; that Letters of Administration be issued to Applicant; that appraisers not be appointed; and that no other action shall be had in the county court in relation to the settlement of the Estate; and that all other orders be entered as the Court may deem proper.
I don't know what needs to be submitted by each heir to request independent administration and what other documents, if any, need to be submitted.
I appreciate any help you can provide and will be happy to answer any questions.
Thanks in advance!