Default After Sheriff's Sale What Are Eviction Procedures

My question involves a foreclosure in the State of: Indiana

It's difficult to get unbiased information. I have been flat out lied to regarding this whole procedure. The bank bought my house at the sheriff's sale, so it is real estate owned now. They offered me a settlement to voluntarily turn over my keys so they would not have to go through the courts for eviction. It is November and I started looking for an appropriate place to live 6 weeks ago and still haven't found a place. I am a self-employed single parent who doesn't get child support so it's hard to budget what is the best course of action.

I have been told I could be evicted within 24 hours, that it could take 45 days and I was also told they won't evict people in the winter? I have less than a week to decide whether I'm going to take the banks offer to voluntarily move out without eviction. At this point I am not worried about my credit. I don't think my priorities for what is livable are overly high, but I don't want to sign a lease on a place because it's convenient for my bank to have me out without going through the courts. If I refuse, how long before I am evicted?

Default Re: After Sheriff's Sale What Are Eviction Procedures

In Indiana you go through a judicial foreclosure process.

Once the house is auctioned off and it returns to the bank the eviction is very fast. In Indiana the judgment of foreclosure INCLUDES an eviction.

It is best to be out of the house the day before the house is auctioned off. Your notice to vacate was done at the same time as the foreclosure sale.

If your house was sold back to the bank you should be out of the house. If not you can find yourself not being able to get back into the house. The banks change the locks etc.

I have seen people evicted in winter, the day before christmas etc. In your case if it was auctioned and went back to the bank, you need to vacate the house ASAP
    My posts are not intended to offend anyone. I am sorry if they have.

When it comes to your FICO scores you are dinged if you do and dinged if you dont

If the bank is offering a cash deal to turn over the keys, why wouldn't you do that? Since you lost the house to foreclosure cash must be tight and coming up with first, last and damage is a huge amount of money. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth....(don't really know what that means but my Grandmother says it)

BTW....the fact that you are a single parent doesn't make it easier or harder for you than the millions of others who find themselves in the same situation.

Quote Quoting Skyemay
    View Post
    If the bank is offering a cash deal to turn over the keys, why wouldn't you do that? Since you lost the house to foreclosure cash must be tight and coming up with first, last and damage is a huge amount of money. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth....(don't really know what that means but my Grandmother says it)

BTW....the fact that you are a single parent doesn't make it easier or harder for you than the millions of others who find themselves in the same situation.

Are you speaking from experience? Being a single parent with no child support would be much more difficult then a two parent family. If for no other reason than for emotional support. And BTW that is a FACT!!!

1. Sponsored Links