Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is it Illegal to Chat with Minor, with No Physical Contact, No Nude Images?

Quote Quoting troubled
    View Post
    No Sir.. It does not.. I meant it as an reply to earlier post (whr the person was telling me about how it could be a thought crime) .. I does not feel right, hence the post in first place.
    It was wrong of me and thats what i wanted to say, whichever way you see (even if the dialogue was harmless) 24 yr old chatting to 16 will be always a problem, no one will ask me wht i said..
    I have a 15 year old daughter, so let me give you the other side of the coin.

There is no reason... none... for a 24 year old man to be talking to my minor child... none.

There is only two reasons you would find her interesting... her body or in your ability to manipulate her feelings. Either would bring you into my world.

You don't want that.

Default Re: Is it Illegal to Chat with Minor, with No Physical Contact, No Nude Images?

k... I cant reply that really, I know that..
    I made a mistake, was first time ever, I saw this place, just came to ask questions.. I said earlier people will respond with anger and thats understood but I didnt want it to get personal.. I know just knowing this happened somewhr else would give you creeps (moresoever since what you said in last post) but I didnt come here to offend ..

Quote Quoting troubled
    View Post
    Well the reason I ask is, it felt wrong. I have chatted with 19-20 yr old but still never exchanged *dirty words* (here i was pleaded to say 'hot bitch' which I didnt) or pics or asked for cam.. I didnt hide age or anything, because I was not going to say anything inappropriate..

that makes it basically : 24 yr old talkin to 16 yr old.. On the face value it sounds wrong so the question..
    I still cant have normal sleep i guess..
    Am trying to remember wht all i could have said..
    If anyone still has a comment on wht happened i will listen..
    It's a 44 year old guy named Frank sitting at home wearing his best Sailor Moon outfit.

Here's what you do:

Realize that people on the internet aren't all you imagine to them to be. Many people enjoy playing with other's minds.
    If someone says s/he's a minor, thank them for their interest and promptly move on.

Get offline once in a while.

I'm not sure what you meant by there might have been some cleavage, nor do I want to know. Either there was or wasn't. It isn't a middle ground area there.

That you sat through the conversation up through the "hot bitch" part says a lot.

As the one who could face jailtime, you are definitely in a position to forcefully rebuke such language by a child.

Of course chatting to a minor isn't illegal, as long as your not doing anything illegal. Heck I talk to a 16 year old about politics online and she's got a smart head on her shoulder, why do I talk to her? Because youth are the future of the direction of this country and theres nothing wrong with having a discussion on common interests, if your flirting and crap and talking nasty, then there is a problem, or sexually enticing a minor. What do you think your going to do when you have kids, be afraid to talk to them about anything in fear it's illegal? Just keep your legal boundaries.

Quote Quoting PILMAN
    View Post
    Of course chatting to a minor isn't illegal, as long as your not doing anything illegal. Heck I talk to a 16 year old about politics online and she's got a smart head on her shoulder, why do I talk to her? Because youth are the future of the direction of this country and theres nothing wrong with having a discussion on common interests, if your flirting and crap and talking nasty, then there is a problem, or sexually enticing a minor. What do you think your going to do when you have kids, be afraid to talk to them about anything in fear it's illegal? Just keep your legal boundaries.

There is a great deal of legal difference between a parent informing a child about sex and a grown man talking to an unrelated child on the internet.

That statement is both wrong and irresponsible.

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    There is a great deal of legal difference between a parent informing a child about sex and a grown man talking to an unrelated child on the internet.

That statement is both wrong and irresponsible.
    Wow ok, how did my post even get translated to sex? I'm stating a general conversation on whatever topic, case in example, I like cars, a 16 year old asks me about cars, me chatting about cars is irresponsible and carries legal consequences? I specifically stated as long as the conversation is not illegal or sexually inciting, where did I even mention or promote sex?

Quote Quoting PILMAN
    View Post
    Wow ok, how did my post even get translated to sex? I'm stating a general conversation on whatever topic, case in example, I like cars, a 16 year old asks me about cars, me chatting about cars is irresponsible and carries legal consequences? I specifically stated as long as the conversation is not illegal or sexually inciting, where did I even mention or promote sex?
    When you compared talking to children on the internet to a parent talking to his/her own children about sex, you displayed your inability to grasp the problem.

"To the pure all things are pure."

That works in reverse as well.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12