Default Car Accident Involving a Driver with a Driver's Permit

My question involves a traffic accident in the State of: Florida

I had a car accident where I was making a left turn into a main street and was hit by a car with a right of way. I looked carefully, but didn't see the other party's car approaching, and as I almost went into the lane, the car smashed into the left side of my car. (He did not brake until the very last minute.) Since no one was injured badly, it took 2 hours for the police officer to appear. While we were waiting for them to come, it turned out that the driver of the car was only 17 years old and carried a driver's permit only. He had three other underage passengers with him, but no experienced adult driver was riding with him. Later on his mother came and asked me if I could tell the police that she was the one driving the vehicle at the time of accident. I refused. Then she asked if I could at least say that she was in the car with him, but I refused again. She almost run away with his son, but since I called 911 again, she decided to stay until the police came.

2 hours later, a PSA (I believe a public safety agent) showed up and gave me a citation for failure to yield, but he did not receive any citation. I asked her, but she told me that it is not connected to the accident.

Can I sue his mother or family for allowing him to drive by himself? I went to ER the next day, but my PIP only covers 80% of medical bill and covers 60% of my lost wage. My car ended up to be a total loss. I can't believe that the accident should be all my fault. He was not supposed to be on the road. Could anyone give me an advice? And in this case, what kind of lawyer should I consult?

Default Re: Car Accident Involving a Driver with a Driver's Permit

According to YOUR facts, you caused the wreck.

So I doubt that you could get any court to buy your story that the kid's ma should somehow pay for your mistake.

Quote Quoting seniorjudge
    View Post
    According to YOUR facts, you caused the wreck.

So I doubt that you could get any court to buy your story that the kid's ma should somehow pay for your mistake.
    Thank you for your posting. So that means it is allowed for a person with a driver's permit to drive without anyone supervising him? Is there any way for me to be conpensated for any of my loss?

Quote Quoting maana
    View Post
    So that means it is allowed for a person with a driver's permit to drive without anyone supervising him?
    I didn't say anything even remotely like that.

Ask your insurance agent if you can be compensated for a wreck that is your fault.

Default Loss from the Accident

My question involves a traffic accident in the State of: Florida

I had a car accident where I was making a left turn into a main street and was hit by a car with a right of way. I looked carefully, but didn't see the other party's car approaching so fast, and as I almost went into the lane, the car smashed into the left side of my car. (He did not brake until the very last minute.) Since no one was injured badly, it took 2 hours for the police to appear. While we were waiting for them to come, it turned out that the driver of the car was only 17 years old and carried a driver's permit only. He had three other underage passengers with him, but no experienced adult driver was riding with him. Later on his mother came and asked me if I could tell the police that she was the one driving the vehicle at the time of accident. I refused. Then she asked if I could at least say that she was in the car with him, but I refused again. She almost run away with his son, but since I called 911 again, she decided to stay until the police came.

2 hours later, a PSA (I believe a public safety agent) showed up and gave me a citation for failure to yield, but he did not receive any citation. I asked her, but she told me that it is not connected to the accident.

Can I ask the family of this driver to compensate for my loss since he was not supposed to be driving? I went to ER the next day, but my PIP only covers 80% of medical bill and covers 60% of my lost wage. My car ended up to be a total loss. Could anyone give me an advice? And if I decide to, what kind of lawyer should I consult?

Default Re: Loss from the Accident

You say that you caused the accident.

That means they have a potential claim against you.

You have no valid claim against them for an accident you caused.

I understand, thank you!

1. Sponsored Links