Default Workers Comp Settlement in California

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: California

My husband was injured in 2006 in a work accident that nearly took his life. He is nearing the settlement phase after many surgeries and treatments. He will be between the 70-100% permanently disability range. Probably closer to the 100%. His work has not contested anything.

Do I read the law correctly that states the maximum benefit provided is $270 per week with no lump sums or anything else if you get continuing medical? I'm sure the company that manages the medical will deny everything anyway as that's what it's been the entire time even when he was in a wheelchair. He was at a management level and had a really good job.

He is still going through surgeries and treatment and I lost my job because of all this because of the time I've had to take off. It's really disheartening that if this is indeed the law, we won't even be able to pay the mortgage.

Thank you for any clarification.

Default Re: Workers Comp Settlement in California

Quote Quoting llps40
    View Post
    Do I read the law correctly that states the maximum benefit provided is $270 per week with no lump sums or anything else if you get continuing medical?
    Help out those of us who aren't from your state. What law are you reading?

I had a comp case in California myself. I was quoted at 65%. Now what I'm telling you is for you to decide if it's good for you, it worked out for me. Well what I did was take a cash seattlement, with no medical. I should tell you first apply for SSI/SSA this will take around year. The reason is you need to be unemployed for a year. If you apply now you will get all that back pay from the time you apply, that's if you get SSA/SSI if denied challenge in court appeall the decision. You will win if your husband can't work. This will get you medical/medication, and a wage, a little wage, but a wage. Now you have two large checks coming. It worked for me. I recieved over 33,000 dollars from SSI/SSA, and I recieved over 47,000 from comp case. Again before you make up your mind, put thought to it. Should you stay in the comp circle, or would you rather work with Federal, and state. Hope every thing turns out for you. I know California Comp Well.

Hi- Can you pls. answer this question for me. I'm thinking about doing a compromise and release settlement--for my future medical. I have exhausted my TTD benefits (104 wks) and currently am getting payments from SDI since I am still on TTD- can you tell me if SDI will place a lien and try to get the money it has been paying me from my settlment. If not settlement- any other way?

THank you-

1. Sponsored Links