Default "Uttering a Forged Instrument"

My question involves expungements or pardons for the state of: NC

11 years ago, i was charged with "uttering" a forged instrument. my neighbor gave me a piece of mail to give to her girl friend when she came home from work ( myneighbor was gone to work already). when her GF got home i stopped her inthe driveway and gave her the mail (unopened) to her. a few weeks later detectives came to my house and said that i was being charged with "uttering" a forged instrument. because the mail that i gave to the GF was a stolen check that both the GF and my neighbor had stolen and cashed. my only part in the whole thing was the fact that i gave the mail to the GF. i was arrested and released a few hours later. and given probation and community services. but this is a felony on my record, how can i get this expunged?

Default Re: "Uttering a Forged Instrument"

If a person is charged with a crime in North Carolina and the charge is dismissed or a finding of not guilty is entered, that person may apply to the court in the county where the charge was brought for an order to expunge from all official public records any entries related to his/her apprehension or trial, pursuant to N.C.G.S. 15A 145-146.
    Under NC expungement statutes, you do not qualify as you were convicted.

Default Re: "Uttering a Forged Instrument"

thanks for your reply

1. Sponsored Links