Question What Happens when CPS is Called

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Washington

This monday my family and I returned from a family vacation in Montana. Come to find out I had a call from the Police department. I was told that I was under investigation from 2 months prior for child abuse on my youngest son. I can assure you that my children are extremely happy boy and they play rough and fall rough. I was asked to go in for an interview... When I went in I was told that my youngest (2yr old at the time) and said... My daddy (name) spanked me with a belt.... I can assure you that this is not the case and my 2 yr old would not say that. but non the less my child father was in rehab at the time . So i was told then... since it was not him... it turned to me.

There are no charges filed, nor am i a suspect but they are treating me as i have done something wrong.... needless to say now CPS is starting there own investigation.

Is there anything that I should or should not be doing to proof my innocense at this time>?

Default Re: What Happens when CPS is Called?

Quote Quoting ma7951
    View Post
    My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Washington

This monday my family and I returned from a family vacation in Montana. Come to find out I had a call from the Police department. I was told that I was under investigation from 2 months prior for child abuse on my youngest son. I can assure you that my children are extremely happy boy and they play rough and fall rough. I was asked to go in for an interview... When I went in I was told that my youngest (2yr old at the time) and said... My daddy (name) spanked me with a belt.... I can assure you that this is not the case and my 2 yr old would not say that. but non the less my child father was in rehab at the time . So i was told then... since it was not him... it turned to me.

There are no charges filed, nor am i a suspect but they are treating me as i have done something wrong.... needless to say now CPS is starting there own investigation.

Is there anything that I should or should not be doing to proof my innocense at this time>?
    Get a consult with a local attorney, just to be safe.

Do whatever CPS asks of you, even if you feel it's not warranted. For instance, they might ask you to attend parenting classes, you should agree with the understanding that you are NOT admitting any guilt.

Years ago, my eldest son at age 3 had eye surgery. They had to open one tear duct, and had placed a wire running through the duct and his nose. The wire was knotted at the opening of his nose. It really looked bad and when he had a temper tantrum at the grocery store because I wouldn't buy him candy, someone called CPS. I cooperated with them, and everything turned out fine. I was later told that my cooperation had more to do with how it turned out than the actual facts did.

1. Sponsored Links