Default Child Support Fraud by Greedy Ex Wife?

My question involves child support in the State of: Virginia

Hello,

I admit that I am behind about 8 months in support, I could go into a long explanation but i'll give you the short

For some reason, I think because I changed employers, the dcse case we had was closed and we had an agreement that i would just send the payments directly to her, which i had been doing so since 2005. It worked better, I could be a little late if I needed and her benifits werent taken from her and our child (fraud). SO work was incredibly slow and I have gotten behind, about 8 months.

My problem is this. SHe had filed in court for non support. Fine. DCSE lawyer showed up and said i need to show reciepts for the time we hadnt gone thru DCSE case, basically for the last 3 years. SHe filled out paper given to her from DCSE saying 0 in all the months that she should have been payed thru DCSE and she thinks she is going to recoop all the money I had payed to her again. We have a hearing coming up, i am represented and am going to send my reciepts to the lawyer to walk in to court with (after I send them to DCSE to recalculate how much I actually owe which is 8 months, not 36 months).
    SO my question is- WHen dear god or dear lawyer will she get in trouble for lying????- lying to dcse-lying to the court/judge? will she get into trouble? her lawyer has sent paper work, (not court ordered), to my lawyer requesting that i send all receipts I have to him. I am assuming this is so he can keep her out of trouble for lying once they see that i am not stupid and actually DO have ALL the recipets for the money that i payed to her for child support.
    I plan on not sending them to him, because- and I feel a little bad, but not to bad, that she should be in some kind of hot water for trying to basically extort money from me. ANd shouldnt be able to change her mind or retract paperwork she already filled out.

Default Re: Child Support Fraud by Greedy Ex Wife?

How about you just stick her for your legal bills?

I have been appointed a lawyer since I cannot afford representation. I have already spent 15k trying to get custody of our child twice.

does she just get a slap on the wrist?

Quote Quoting lovemyjaz
    View Post
    I have been appointed a lawyer since I cannot afford representation. I have already spent 15k trying to get custody of our child twice.

does she just get a slap on the wrist?
    Unfortunately, that is probably what will happen.

However, your concern for her "punishment" for lying should be small in comparison to what your main concern should be. That is to make sure that you are credited for the payments made.

agreed, and I am concerned, but i have my proof that i did make my payments so i know it will be credited accordingly.
    I might sound mean, but she has gotten away with way to much already in the last 5 years and now this.
    Thanks for the replys.

"You can also request the judge find her in contempt when you/he proves she is lying to the court. (courts do not like that.)"

I just read this in someone else's posts and reply's.

Can my lawyer do this?, request to find her in contempt when the actual money owed is less than 30% of what she wrote? ANd why dont courts like this?

I recognized my reply and thought I should answer your question.
    What courts don't like is being lied to, and usually take swift, (if not always severe) action against those who do.

If you can prove she is lying, than by all means, bring that up!
    ~Christina

Unless a source is cited, anything posted here by me is only my opinion, and is not meant as legal advice.

1. Sponsored Links