Default Is It Legal to Have Two Valid Drivers License from Two Different States?

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Maryland and Pennsylvania. I know of someone who has two drivers license. One is a Maryland DL and the other is a Pennsylvania DL. Both of these are valid and he has been a Maryland resident for over 10 years now. He also currently has 10 open moving violations in Maryland but all of these tickets are linked to his Pennsylvania DL. Is this legal? Why are the two states not linking up in the system? And what can I do?

Default Re: Is It Legal to Have Two Valid Drivers License from Two Different States?

The two states may link tomorrow.

We cannot predict the future.

Default Re: Is It Legal to Have Two Valid Drivers License from Two Different States?

;247952]My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Maryland and Pennsylvania. I know of someone who has two drivers license. One is a Maryland DL and the other is a Pennsylvania DL. Both of these are valid
    No, they aren't. While one may be, the other cannot be since it is a requirement of all states to surrender any license from any other state when procuring a license from that state.

and he has been a Maryland resident for over 10 years now.
    Well, that tells you right there. His Pa license is not valid.

He also currently has 10 open moving violations in Maryland but all of these tickets are linked to his Pennsylvania DL. Is this legal?
    needs explanation

Why are the two states not linking up in the system?
    bureaucracy.

and what can I do?
    about what?

If you really need t do something; go to the local homeless shelter and offer them your time and money. Other than that, what do you want to do?

Is this an ex husband or lover who has miffed you in some way? I can't see that you should really care.

As has been explained, he shouldn't have the PA license, but it's not something that anyone is going to get all excited about unless he presents the wrong license on a traffic stop or gets searched and they find both. Even then, I wouldn't expect much.

- Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns

1. Sponsored Links